ad

Monday, April 6, 2009

Manic Monday

12am. I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep. I got myself an infusion of melissa and camomille but that did not help me sleep.

1am. I started to wonder if I'd like to spent the remaining 4 hours reading The Book of the Malazan Dead or try to figure out how to build a EDH deck.

2am. Still wide awake, doing nothing...

5am. Time to get up^_~. I just did not want to believe that I should be getting up. Later on I turned off the alarm, got up and got ready.
I ventured outside of the house and the instant I closed the front door I got a running nose and *cough* *cough*. I walked as fast as I could in my zombie-sleep walk mode and was glad that I have still 6 minutes to go so I don't need to rush. To my disappointment, at that very moment the bus arrived to the station and I was still 3 minutes away - by walk if not waiting on the lights. From walk I switched to the fastest run I could muster and managed to get to the bus in time. I had to stand all the way to school...-_-

8am. The lesson started. Once again we were told something about the British grading system etc...and got some introduction to Computer Application in Arts and Design.

10:30 am. Free till 6pm. So what should I do next I wondered? I went to my previous employer to get some documents from them and I got them to my surprise.^_^. After that I had some time to kill so I went to Novy Smichov mall and got something to eat.

11:30 am. I slowly walked to the tram station and got on the first one that arrived - it was in direction of Palmovka. I sat down, opened my book and started to read. Few dozen pages later I arrived at the terminal station. What I did not mention is that an inspector came to me and asked me to show him my license. I had to switch the trams and it was already past 12 so I decided to hop on tram going to Florenc. I unfortunately fell asleep but I woke up at Florenc getting off in haste. I again forgot to mention that the very same inspector asked me for my license again.

12:10pm. I set off in the direction of the bus station and by some accident I realized that I stand in front of Cerny Rytir game store - my destination. I entered the place and asked for the cards I wanted to buy (snakeform, nantuko husk, devoted druid, heartmender and eyeblight's ending).

After this half-asleep I managed not to get lost and end up in Outpost. (Un)Fortunately I did not fall asleep ... because of the much lower temperature than in the trams/outside of Outpost. Once more during my trip to Outpost I run into the very same inspector again^_^.

At Outpost many small children arrived and it was pretty loud there. We played two-headed giant with some kids which wasn't a good idea after all. Later older people started coming in hopefully and kids went home. It got much calmer.

Someone came to outpost and when he saw me he claimed 'DDR players also play Magic?'. That caught me offguard. I did not get that offended but still it wasn't nice to hear. That very same person wanted to register to DCI so he could get a free booster or what but wasn't allowed to. We were talking about DCI for a while and someone decided find out my name and check my rating. As I found out I'm far from being the last in the Czech Republic^_~ even though it's nothing worth mentioning hehe. I got my DCI card back (in one piece hopefully) and Stepans entered my nickname + magic to google. First site to come up was my deviantart page and then this blog.

I was also told that starting today drafts (for beginners) will be held here regularly. Today it was Coldsnap that was supposed to be drafted (and it was). Too bad it started at 6pm which is the time I had to leave for school. Later drafts would be from tenth edition. Who knows what will follow.

At six after being beaten by a burn deck (I was completely dull and 9 poison counters in one round did not suffice, shock decided that one sliver died-_-). I had to leave for school, at the very same time Squop entered outpost. After almost a collision of the two of us we decided to head for school together.

I came on time hopefully. The lesson was nice, the professor even nicer. 'Animé' as the French would say. We will see what our projects will be about later. I'm looking forward to all the projects even though I have no idea how I will cope with it.

At 9.10pm it was the time to leave. Squop accompanied me to the bus station for which I'm grateful. When we were in the underground I got a message saying....

'FNM is earlier this week - on Wednesday.'

That's probably all I have to say... Wednesdays and Mondays are killers at school-_-.

Quotes of the day
'Lady Sliver'
----------------
P1 'Do you have [name of card from revised]'
Me 'Yes. I've got few cards of interest...like some tutors for example'
P1 'I want to be old as you [so he could have the cards as well]'
P2 'I did not hear the beginning...but being as old as her??'
----------------

...I'm to dead to think of other stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment