ad

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Frantic Friday

I got up today quite late in the morning (after 10 am) and realized that I don't have much time to do anything if I want to go to local FNM tournament. I knew that I would have to vacuum clean the upper part of the house and probably do some more cleaning. I also needed to wash my hair etc...

So well I started by getting something to eat. After that it was time for some housework and then finally time for the shower. Lunch awaited me when I got out.

Few minutes later I was already late for the FNM that should start at 2pm. I wasn't sure about it but I wanted to come there on time. Note that I knew about this location and tournaments from a magazine called Legenda which I used to be buying like 14 years ago up to year 2003 (during that period the club was active and the location and time never changed - not by much). So I hoped that with a bit of luck the place and time wouldn't change. ^_^

I arrived there at 2:20. Nothing seemed to be happening there except well students going home or coming in for some lessons. No sight of any Magic player. I could ask someone at the staffroom about the Magic club or at the headmaster's room. I decided that the first possibility is a better choice^_^. So I went inside and asked about it. I hoped I wouldn't need to explain what the hell is Magic; hopefully I saw there a MtG diploma pinned to a board and that calmed me down. I got the information needed.

Anyway the start of FNMs are usually at 3pm so I know it for next time. I wanted to participate in the tournament but I knew that I would probably have to leave. So I checked with the people in Prague to see if I need to be on time or not(thus meaning arriving one hour before the event starts or I arriving later - which would probably be one hour later). The event got delayed for some unknown reasons so I stayed at the mtg club and decided to enter the tourney.
I hoped I could stay till the end but my mother called me - being angry - that I did not inform her that I would leave later. I had no other choice then to leave. Few minutes later I realized that I don't have my cell phone which would be a fail. So I returned back as fast as I could to collect it^_~ I always know how to make a fool out of myself when I go somewhere for the first time.

At home my mother prepared me a dinner and I found out that the bus leaves in 15 minutes (Glad I did not stay till the end of the tournament). I wasn't really happy about that. I collected few things I needed in haste and headed to Prague.

In Prague I went to the event that was held in a new club called The Toaster Club.
I was waiting there for many hours to have a speech. I spent some time with some charismatic lady who seemed to love Guitar Hero games (playing on Hard in GH1-3 and medium in GHWT). Later
I played Mahjong solitaire game, chess and some other games I could on Nintendo DS. Some people were coming there and were asking me how to play Super Mario Bros^_~ (quite funny to hear that). I explained that to them and then concentrated on the game of chess I was playing at that time. The CPU was taking a long time to think of a move so I eventually decided to go to Wii stand and try all the games in Wii Play. In Wii Play Golf I managed to finish a course with 0 points^_^. I got few birdies^_^ hehehe. Tennis was quite fun and it was probably the most popular mini-game played at the event.

The DJs at the club playing that night were good. I enjoyed listening to their mixing and to watch them as they mixed the tunes. I really enjoyed that and I'm grateful for being able to hear it. Probably I would fancy coming back to the club and enjoy some live DJ performances (if they are of the same quality).

At 3am I got to my sister's flat where I was supposed to sleep over. I woke her up and she let me in. I fell asleep quite fast, exhausted. I wonder if I sleep there well because I like it there or because I always come there completely exhausted.

In the morning I wanted to check buses leaving for Beroun and I got a surprise. I got an email from the DCI. I clicked on the link and found out that my standing in the last FNM tournament was submitted. And even with all the lost games (+ automatic losses for the games I did not play) I did not end up last^_^.

No comments:

Post a Comment