ad

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Innistrad first real experience

Yesterday I had the chance to draft Innistrad and today I build GW Tokens deck out of two boxes of Innistrad. I know I'm pretty late to discover the card from Innistrad^^ (considering limited).

My drafting experience wasn't that good^^. The deck was capable of 2:1 but it really lacked creatures.

I started picking removal which in the end probably wasn't as good idea as I thought. I should have been picking good aggro creatures since the beginning which would made me play RW. I ended up playing RB with not so many creatures which was a problem. Traitorous blood and more burn spells was something that could help me but wasn't that good as a flood of creatures. I did not quite count with the transform ability and I was caught offguard by it. But the three rounds were nice and it was nice to see what the cards can do. It seems to me though that the best way is going really aggro...meh. Actually mill seems quite viable if you get the right cards as well.

I'm glad I had the chance to draft. I thought that I wouldn't have the opportunity to draft this expansion set at all.

When I saw Geist-Honored Monk I wanted to build a deck around. That card just seems overpowered for ISD Block^_^. Well, ok we have Garruk there (good with tokens), Snapcaster Mage (burning vengeance, it should work in ISD block right...but with W and G going strong and being able to destroy enchantments easily...hmhm) but well this card just can truly beat an opponent. So I searched the cards from the two boxes and put this together.

I can imagine this working with red as well. Still Garruk + Doomed Traveler seems efficient enough.

Township Tokens
4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Doomed Traveler
4 Fiend Hunter
4 Geist-Honored Monk
3 Hamlet Captain
4 Mayor of Avabruck
2 Mentor of the Meek
1 Mikaeus, the Lunarch
Creatures [26]
1 Garruk Relentless
Planeswalkers [1]
4 Intangible Virtue
4 Midnight Haunting
Spells [8]
10 Forest
4 Gavony Township
10 Plains
1 Shimmering Grotto

No comments:

Post a Comment