ad

Friday, April 23, 2010

Boss Naya vs Jund

Before the last qualifiers I build Boss Naya to test it. After few games against Jund and WW I realized that this deck has HUGE potential. This deck can work wonders if it is in the right hands. Mine are not the right ones I would say even though I can see many things that can be done in many situations and many players don't see them.

Anyway I would like to share one game with you. I played Jund and I kept hand looking like this
    3x Blightning, Bloodbraid Elf, Mountain, Swamp, Dragonskull Summit
My opponent had something like
    Baneslayer Angel, Bloodbraid Elf, Noble Hierarch, Lightning bolt, Terramorphic Expanse, Misty Rainforest, some other land
I played first as I lost the previous game. In the first 2 turns each of us played just lands. For me it was because I had nothing else to play and Naya player was afraid of Blightning so he kept all the cards. In my third turn I played my first blightning. My opponent discarded Noble Hierarch and Baneslayer Angel. He kept on drawing cards and I played my other two Blightnings. The only card left in his hand was Bloodbraid Elf.

He played it and hoped for something. Bloodbraid Elf cascaded into Mystic who found Sledgehammer.I knew that this is a problem already. I was stuck with three lands and couldn't play neither BBE nor Sprouting Thrinax. At that time my opponent played Ranger of Eos finding two Nacatls. That's when I knew that even if I get a forest now I might be screwed. I got catacombs in play searched for a forest and played my own BBE. The first card was Blightning.

As I thought my opponent discarded the previous turn found cats and kept the hammer. I continued with playing Thrinax hoping to have a blocker at least. The game continued for a while. I managed to play Garruk and started blocking my opponents creatures equipped with the sledgehammer. But three of my creatures had to block each time and that was wrong...I was doomed when my last hope - Sprouting Thrinax - was removed with Path To Exile and Garruk died to lightning bolt after I traded the last Beast with Stoneforge Mystic.

So if you play well and your opponent is a bit unlucky you can still win a game after a playset of Blightnings. Playing your deck well against a certain deck is a key to victory and I really believe that Boss Naya is a good deck. It can be pretty fast and it can generate a huge CA. Against some decks it plays the role of a control and it can take care of many situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment