ad

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Drafts

Few days ago I realized that the release of Rise of the Eldrazi is getting closer and closer and that I should go draft ZEN+WWK for the last time.

On Wednesday I participated in regular draft which ended up in complete failure - 0:3. I started drafting white (journey sent by tomas) and started picking up blue later. I got steppe lynxes, wind zendikon, windrider eels, welkin tarn, sky ruin drakes, kor hookmaster, journey to nowhere, refraction trap and many 2 drops. This though was not enough to win a single game. In the first round I played against BR aggro deck which simply overran me. I was capable to keep up but I lost both games (all I needed was one more turn). In the second I played against BW which killed me primarily with nighthawk. That deck was better in terms of tricks. Kor Sanctifiers could easily get rid of my removal and something that brings Nighthawk back from the grave is bad for me as well... My deck was not capable of dealing that much damage in early game and I had almost nothing for late game. In the third round I knew I would simply die...I played against BR as well. Cunning Sparkmage showed me its value.

I left after I finished my last game to catch the bus home.
-------------------------------------------
Today's draft was something completely different and it was really overpowered. We drafted 1 booster of M10 and 2 of Zendikar. I started picking blue (illusionary servant sent to me by Jiri) and white for faster creatures. Later I started hate picking what would kill me and that resulted in me switching color. That showed up to be good against other players playing blue.

I ended up with

UG
2x Windrider Eel
1x Unsummon
1x Aether Figment
2x Tanglesap
1x Illusionary Servant
2x Mold Shambler
2x Grazing Gladehart
1x Oran Rief Recluse
1x Sky Ruin Drake
1x Giant Spider
1x Vastwood Gorger
1x Zephyr Sprite
1x Tajuru Archer
1x Stonework Puma
1x Prized Unicorn
1x Timbermaw Larva
2x Umara Raptor
1x River Boa
1x Vines of Vastwood


In the first round I played against monored. I knew that my opponent has few barrages, seismic strikes (or how it is called) and unstable footing. I was afraid of that and tried to realize what damage I can take before I need to start chump blocking. The problem was that my calculation went to 13,14 life + 3 if I wanted to be sure. So any damage taken was risky. I was glad that I won this round as anything could kill out of nowhere.

In the second round I played against UW. My opponent was more or less unlucky and was incapable to keep up with my green creatures that followed my army of flyers. Last was pretty much the same with the exception that the player managed to kill many of my creatures and was capable of attacking as well. I still had all the answers I needed - recluses, flyer removal, bounce and fog.

Today I left with Jace, the Mind Sculptor.

No comments:

Post a Comment