ad

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Animeshow

This Friday and Saturday an anime convention was held in Bratislava. We went there with ITG, ITG multiplayer, Everstep Multiplayer and lasergame. I have to say that it was quite physically demanding to get it there and set up everything. Due to my bad physical condition I wasn't able to do as much as I would like to. Same counted for getting all the stuff back to the car o_O.

It seems people enjoyed our stands but I have to say that meeting some of the people not knowing what they are playing and thinking that everything is for free and for them only was quite annoying. In overall the organization of the convention seemed to be lacking. Announcements of tournaments did not work at all at game consoles/computer stands. Cosplay was poor as usual and I wondered what to do at the convention. I wasn't able to play much ITG or Pump because of not feeling well and my only plan was playing Magic (not so many magic players showed up and I understand that...why going to anime convention to play magic after all).

I managed to play Guitar Hero Metallica and Rock Band for a while as well. I still can't play Rock Band and GH is still fine with me. I don't know why still. I played some expert songs from Metallica and some seemed really boring. But what I can say...is this. Hearing the clicking of the pick or the sticks hitting the drums actually helped me to stay onsync with the other player a bit. The notes were scrolling too slowly for me (on expert difficulty). Yeah, people couldn't understand how someone can play on Expert but well..what can I say.

I checked Mahjong and Go and that was more or less everything that caught my eye. I don't like to sit in a room and watch anime and there wasn't much I would be interested in. Karate lessons are fun^^ but otherwise?

I'm glad I played bit of pump. I played some songs on NM and FS and was glad that I can still pass them (A them). The few songs I played on ITG I also enjoyed. It was really nice to see Mary and Leckse once again (and all the Slovakian people). But in overall I'm not convinced that it was "all good" (as a convention).

I enjoyed the Legacy tournament on Sunday morning. I have to say that I was surprised that people actually came with Legacy decks. I realized here that Tarmagoyf in legacy is a completely different card than in Extended!! I had fun, played some nice games and managed to get a second place. Got boosters for that but nothing of value in them. Bad luck.


In overall I'm glad I went there. Even though the meaning of nowadays conventions eludes me...

Thanks to NX and thanks to all who talked to me, played ITG or Magic with me etc. Thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment