ad

Monday, March 23, 2009

This weekend...

...I went to my grandmother with my mother. At grandma's we were trying to talk to her and cheer her up a bit and try to calm her down. Quite exhausting...And as it usually is at grandma's place, we were eating a lot (I hate this, I probably gained few kgs^_^).

My mother went shopping later and I was left with my grandma, which wasn't probably the best idea^_^. I was playing Magic at the time my mother was leaving and well how to start a conversation (I'm not good at that even with people with whom I have a common topic)? Grandma asked me about the game so I ehm tried to explain something I did not (yet) manage to explain to a person who comes from the same generation as me and has no memory issues.
I tried my best and tried to avoid the more "brutal" aspects of the game which kept us busy for some time and hopefully my mother came back.

First day "survived"^_^.

Second day, my time spent with grandma was better. I showed her some photos from some events and some videos (GamePage/Level shootings and convention videos). I also showed her some of my drawings and stuff. Later on I was called 'an artist' and grandma seemed to be happy.

Later on it was my mother's time to talk to her and I went to a different room to be wondering about a persist deck. I also discovered that I have few cards on me that probably don't belong to me and started to wonder where the hell I got them. (I remember that the first time I saw them was when Squop played with me with his Redcap deck...???)

Today, we went to see my aunt and we had a chat with her. Later, we stopped by my other aunt where I had a small chat with my cousin (I'm probably the only living person who managed to talk to him in ages in person). Anyway I was just well thinking about this a bit. When I was little I was often asked to spend my time (with my sister) and my cousins. Our parents decided that it is better than a boring chat with our grandmother. (disadvantage of this was that I never really had the chance to know my grandmother from my father's side)

My cousins weren't talking to my sister, neither did she (and as my mother told me today it seems that these cousins were more dangerous than just some local rascals). But with me they were quite fine. Ok, I have to admit sometimes I was afraid that I would end up with a bullet in my head or with a knife stabbed to my back but this never happened. First thing I discovered with them were NES/SNES games, later on TCGs and miniature games (among other stuff like our LEGO battles). I'm glad that I started playing trading card games like Magic: The Gathering and my thanks should go to these people.

So well this entry is dedicated to my grandma, Filip and Bert.

No comments:

Post a Comment