ad

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Scon erm Magic again...

This weekend a science fiction series convention was held in Prague and I planned to attend it. This year music games' stands were there officially supported and on Saturday there even was a 'Japanese day' programme. There weren't too many screenings as promised but the convention itself lacked catchy speeches/competitions etc that would make you want to go there and attend (except probably the Gala night programme). So we decided not to care about the con much and leave to spent our time at Outpost (local game shop and club).

First I finished collecting Gateway points on Saturday and that got me DCI foil Hellspark Elemental and DCI foil Path to Exile (because of this card I entered that Gateway ... something).
=> Path To Exile cell phone photo

Also my (s*cky) Extended slivers managed to poison my opponent few times and once they managed to win in the fourth round hehe.
=> Virulent slivers winning the game!
The very same player seeing Virulent Sliver in play in the next game's first round proclaimed just 'Otrava'. This word in Czech means 'Poisoning' but has another meaning and that means 'Nagger'. I think you get the picture, don't you? ^_~

Also I managed to win against (Mind's)Desire deck with my standard hm... -how should I call it- deck (BG persist deck) twice. Well my tactic was ... urm Mulligans till Quillspike or Redcap combo and try to put it in play before lovely Desire kills me with Tendrils or ... something else. Too bad blue loves to counter and slow down. (anyway this tactic actually worked few times. More times than I expected at least)

I also got a surprising win against stormy elves with kind of endless mana and I have no idea how big creature that would kill me in one round. In the first game (I got 2 terminates in my opening hand) I killed both of those Dragons (I have no idea what it was...). The player ran out of the 'big creatures' so he decided to kill me with the massive amount of elves and insects. Second time I somehow survived the first attack and he did not tap his elves correctly so I got him with Magma Sliver and co. in that round^_~. But well you can imagine clearly that I have probably 0 chance of winning normally. Same goes to the mind's desire deck.
-------------------
One of those days I was playing my zombies (Legacy) against few people. One of them who got beaten quite hard by my zombies wanted to compliment me or something and ask me out for a date and he claimed that I'm a 'Dark beautiful zombie'. I tried not to laugh out loud^_~ Now any time I think of this situation I just well...start laughing too much. Dark? hm...not sure. Beautiful? Can't really judge... Zombie??? o_O Good way to ask someone for a date^_~

On Sunday I entered an Extended constructed tournament. I did not know about this tournament and did not have a deck ready for it (a deck worth playing that is). But I got 30 minutes to prepare one. I combined thus my Legacy and Extended slivers and borrowed few cards. Deck was ready and I could go register.

I went to the counter in order to register myself for the tourney (not DCI sanctioned). All the players were gathered in the same room and when I was just about to leave (thus looking away from the counter ... in all the players' direction) someone asked: 'hey, are you a boy ... or a girl?'. When he saw my expression on my face he quickly added: 'I just can't say...if you are a guy or gal.' Me startled and everyone else in the room being completely puzzled as me. Such a nice view it was. Well, I honestly answered that I'm a girl and that was it...

EDIT: Also players usually couldn't find my name in the Gateway player's list. I always said that it is easy to find me (as it's the only female's name on the list).

The tournament was fun. I could have finished with 9(+5) points (second place was 9(4)) but I was too amazed by the 'merfolk' Adam that I let him win. I hoped he would win the tournament and he actually won.
*wink* Adam killed me once with Umezawa's Jitte so I guess next time if I go there I'm going to HAVE a sideboard ready (at least be able to get rid of those nasty artifacts I don't like).

After we finished our game we usually went to the counter...and you know what happened there? One player - Simon - came to the counter, ordered Betrayers of Kamigawa booster and ...
...got Umezawa's Jitte! Lucky man as it seems. *sniff*

Thanks to everyone who played against/with me and especially to Squop with whom I primarily spent my weekend and thanks to him for moving my stuff to Beroun as well (thus Kriss as well - hopefully it's spelled this way...if not I apologize)

1 comment:

  1. rádo se stalo, přátelé jsou přece od toho aby si pomáhali ;-)

    ReplyDelete