ad

Monday, March 16, 2009

DDR Extreme not booting #2

EDIT: if you are looking for a solution to the 151 error, it was the flash drive that was causing this. not easy to get your hands on one, but I managed that so it started working again.

Today I decided to mess with my DDR Extreme cabinet. Maybe two weeks ago it stopped booting and the errors I encountered were 189, 190 and 151. Not really knowing which one is triggered by what I decided to try all the possibilities I have at hand.

189 is Unknown cabinet error and 190 is platform wiring/connection error. So I checked each wire coming from the platform whatever stuff inside to things inside the cabinet. I found a dead wire and one wire that is probably close to being dead. (and has to do something with the up arrow on P2 - reason why it does not work as it should probably).

Some time later I fixed this (at least for a while - not the up arrow problem though) and booted the machine once again. This time I got past the goddamn 189/190 errors. But I got stuck on 151 error which says "count not locate file/cdrom" or something in that sense.

So is this a hardware problem? A software problem (medium problem)? I don't know so I decided to try...

- to make a copy of the CD inside the drive and run the game from it
- change the cd-rom drive for some other one (original 3rd/4th mix one or those laying around)
- download the arcade iso from somewhere and use that one...

Well, I made an image of the CD-ROM and my computer stated that there is NOTHING wrong with it. So I have the image on my HDD and I burned it on some not so old CD I found here. I put it in the machine and booted (could not locate file/cdrom)...cool

So the more annoying work began. I got the 4th mix PCB out of that cabinet and tried to unplug the drive. I managed that quite easily but what I did not manage to get out was the drive itself from the case. After few minutes of trying to get rid of 6 screws that I couldn't reach I just gave up and decided to boot without the case and without the cd-rom giving me this nice error.

So I put all the stuff inside the cabinet along with connected cd-rom originally from the 3rd mix and booted. It did not pass the hardware check.

I've done the very same thing with other drives I found at home and I got the very same hardware check error. I gave up and put back the original stuff that get me one or other error...I booted and nothing happened. I checked the JAMMA, found it's out as usual ... put it back and booted once again.

And now I'm at point zero...

Now I need a different arcade ISO so I can try the last possibility.

2 comments:

  1. to je mi líto, držím palce ať to nějak vyřešíš :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Error 151 is problem with flash drive. try initializing it or replacing.

    ReplyDelete