ad

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Copics waterproof?

Today I decided to do an experiment. What was at stake? Well my own custom playmat... I hoped it would survive though. And I'm quite silly because I forgot to document all this -_-. When such an idea comes to mind I should always document it...ok maybe next time.

Anyway I tried three different things with my playmat that is fully drawn with Copic Multiliners and Copic Markers. I already found out that the multiliner bleed if mixed with water when it is not dry but otherwise it seems to be pretty waterproof. Some player already spilt water on my playmat and it survived without any damage. So I decided to take it to the next level. I took the mat and dipped it in cold water. Then I took it out and let it dry. Nothing happened to it.

So after that I took it once again and put it in a water with bit of soap. I took it out and it was still ok.

So I tried a next step which I should have probably never tried out^_^. I tried (luke)warm water. At this point ... Chandra started to bleed A LOT. I took the mat out immediately but the color started to go in all directions so I put it back in the water and tried doing this several more times to get the color 'not all over the place'. C7 was the next color that started doing wierd things.

And this is how the mat looks after all the three experiments (soaked with water and the red and black color. Just thought I would share this experience^_^.

No comments:

Post a Comment