ad

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Small L5R Tourney

The tournament was supposed to start at 2pm but at that time there were just four players (counting me). I ignored what was going on and continued playing Magic for a while. Noting that I don't really feel well and that I really need to concentrate to be able to play well (and I was playing Zoo, nothing complex).

I hoped to play against some decks I haven't seen or played against. But unfortunately I played against my boyfriend first. We played against each other the night before so I knew the deck already. My bf played Scorpion Dishonor. He got Distractive Priorities and Kameyoi early. It did not seem that good for me but after I was able to buy 2 additional holdings early in the game everything seemed fine. I had enough gold to be able to buy anything even paying 9 gold per personality. I was pretty soon below 0 but managed to destroy first province early. I tried hard to rehonor my personalities at battlefields where I was opposed and buy enough personalitites so I could in the last round attack two provinces. I sent 4 personalities to each province. Their force wasn't great (4F lion, Kagako, Ancestor and Gohei on one province) but I had Wall of Honor to lower the strength of the province and two movements which allowed me to send there two personalities. My opponent ran out of cards and I managed to destroy the remaining provinces.

In round 2 I played against Spider Commander. I first read the stronghold ability and I did not like it much. My stronghold now read: "Target your unbowed Personality. Gain 2 Honor". I expected the player to have some big 'wurms' as followers (champion of thunder etc).

I killed his personality somehow and counterattacked with my paragons destroying a province with Daigotsu Hotako in it. Next turn I had time to buy personalities and a holding. The following opponent's attack failed as well. In the last battle I had big units on the other side with Followers I couldn't destroy (would negate their destruction) and send home actions not weren't really working. I had to get over 45 Honor in order to win as my province would be destroyed no matter what and Alter History was in play. Anyway I was capable of gaining 16 Honor in the battle getting me over 46 so I won. (2x Tezuka + My Enemy's Mercy, playset of Surety of Purpose, Stronghold, 2x Nishijo, Paragon's Strength...)

In Round 3 I played against Crab Berserkers. I knew that this match would be more about the (in)consistency of my opponent's deck rather than anything else. Everything went fine for me but my opponent had 3 attachments in his hand and retribution. One of the attachments ended up in play - armor of the heavens - but I destroyed it with Sundering Strike. That lost me 2 Honor but I still had 27 when the battle ended. I destroyed remaining personality in battle and was ok. My opponent conceded as there was no way how to destroy 4 provinces in time.

Next I had the unique possibility to play against Unicorn Shugenjas and our little friend Akikazu (he was pretty annoying).
My opponent bought a personality and small farm on turn 1 and attacked on turn 2. Once again Kakihara tried to defend and was eventually tapped which raised him his force by 4. I really needed that as the unit facing him had force 10. After playing all cards from my hand I finally untapped Kakihara and played Great Sacrifice killing the only personality. This way my opponent lost 2 rounds (as he needed holdings first and then personalities). I was without cards but still would be able to buy enough personalities to defend. I got Blighted Region next turn and had 4 to 5 personalities all the time so I could defend everywhere and move one personality there. I had to sacrifice Dairuko and Kobi to successfully defend one province and safe my only card in hand. On turn 5 I got to 43 Honor.

The decklist follows (changes from last time)

EDIT: Erm I won (the tourney, I received some really weird promos)^_~

Shamate Keep
Dynasty

Shamate Keep
1x Border Keep XP
1x Bamboo Harvesters (pas sure)


2x Traveling Peddler
1x Family Library
2x Chugo Seido
3x Remote Village
3x Copper Mine
1x Stolen Merchandise
2x Indomitable Home

1x Akodo Kobi
3x Matsu Nishijo
3x Akodo Tezuka
3x Matsu Koyama
3x Matsu Gohei
1x Matsu Fumiyo XP
1x Akodo Dairuko
3x Akodo Kakihara
1x Kitsu Kagako
3x Akodo Dosei


1x Imperial Gift
1x Jurojin's Blessing
1x Blighted Region
1x Alter History

Fate
3x Greatful Reward
1x My Enemy's Mercy
2x Brawl
3x Great Sacrifice
1x Creating Order
2x Honor of the Lion
1x Ring of Fire
2x A Paragon's Strength
2x Heavily Engaged
1x A Game of Dice
3x Wall of Honor
3x Surety of Purpose
2x Entrenched Position
2x Broken Alliance
1x Guided By Honor
2x The Perfect Moment
3x Siege Volley
3x Cast Aside the Weak
3x Sundering Strike

No comments:

Post a Comment