ad

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kurimix and some random stuff

After showing my Time Based project and a painting showing my hands and Real Edition I was asked if I would show DDR to the class. I wanted to do that, but I wasn't sure about using DDR Extreme. After a while I decided to use a different software even though I was aware that problems might arise with (that I can't solve as the data is packed) and that the game's beginner friendliness is similar to early DDR mixes.

Anyway brought Kurimix 3 and 4 to school and installed it on the school's computer. I brought my Impact Dance Pad and plugged it in. After a while trying to figure out where something like Game Controller properties are I managed to make it work.

I started the game and played a song - finding out that the large TV in the room is completely off. I tried listening to the music and managed to get the yellow gradings^^.

After that I wrote how other students can try to play the game and left it there to see if anyone tries it and they tried^_~.

But I have to admit that the easiest difficulties are still difficult and without stage fail off it's really difficult to stay alive even for a 1/3 of the song. Anyway if anyone manages to survive any one song and tag himself/herself he will receive an impact dance pad from me.

Since that day I played Kurimix whenever I went to school and had some fun. I have to say that the charts will make one move^_^. It feels great. Except for one thing, I injured my knee during the last World Championship I attended and can feel that. I should be cautious. My body weight has risen by 25kg (it's mostly water) so I shouldn't strain myself much....

I understand more clearly what Positive Gaming and Kyle and Chris were/are doing with their charts and music. There are two different attitudes and ways of doing the steps and cuts for the songs. But neither of them is wrong. I just wonder how it came to the fact that many western players are so elitist? I look forward to reading Aaron in Japans book about this matter. Many of those also think that ITG is the way to go, but I wonder how many of these people actually play ITG1 or 2 songs? Anyone? It is true that ITG style is here and people are creating similar work. But some people should wake up and understand the fact that the work people do is not ITG.

You know, personally I would be glad to have music and charts like from Kurimix and/or PIU songs/charts (even though in Fiesta one can find ITG like steps and songs that are a novelty to PIU). I don't feel the need to play difficult songs and score 99.xx on everything. Even though it feels and sounds great. Just...there are songs of lower levels that are fun and can be relatively 'challenging'. Yeah, sure not for tip toe/heel and using the bar, that can be really boring. But still why not AAA everything? And with everything I mean from beginner chart to oni chart. Overgate reminds me of Aaron words about this. The game is complete only after you play all the difficulties and AAA them. True.

The Czech National Championship is going to be held at Animefest in Brno this year. That means that it's the first week in May. I wonder should I come? I've been asking me the question each time I was supposed to go and play. Last time I went there to have fun and play songs I like in the tournament and random in finals and you know, it felt really great. Much better than...ok what should I play? What my score will be on song A or B? Coming there to just have fun and see what is there at the festival is much better approach and then even with ITG I can have fun.

Seeing people I know, friends and trying out new things is good. I'll go if I'll be able to go on that day. Making a fool out of myself for not being able to play ReRave, playing some dance games, watching some anime, swearing about naruto fans. Even going from one building to the other... One can have something out of it and treasure that. Have a walk and say hello to Cerny Rytir or wonder what that giant penis in the city center is supposed to be (it's a clock actually).

Hm ok that's enough for now...I just wanted to say something about Kurimix...

No comments:

Post a Comment