ad

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Academy Rector

Sometimes there are Magic Alters that are really bad. Sometimes someone has a good idea but fails. It is sad to look at such alters and I certainly produced some when I was starting with altering. Sometimes it's better to fix such alters if one can. I would certainly do that with my alters (I have Meddling Mage next to me...and I think nothing can save it^_^ but some cards can be saved).

I got my hands on an altered Academy Rector. Someone tried to paint Ram Singh's Kaurwaki on Academy Rector. I don't like the idea but well someone thought this would be cool. Unfortunately the person did not manage to copy the image well. Kaurwaki was deformed, PT/card name box was really badly outlined with black felt-tip pen. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of how it looked like before but it was really atrocious (and probably I wouldn't show it no matter what). Here's a part of the card how it looked like so you get the idea...

The alter alone probably took the person a really long time to do but in the end it wasn't something one would want to have in a deck. I wanted to fix that if that would be possible (I was asked to by the owner of the card).

So after looking at it I realized what's wrong and tried to fix it, sometimes with more success sometimes with less. But in the end it looks way better and now one can actually look at it. The original alterist put quite too much paint on it and his/her brush strokes were in all directions...I tried to hide it but the texture on the card is really 'deep'. I tried getting rid of the paint but it did not really work well. At some places I used exacto knife to get rid of excess and repaint it, somewhere I just painted over. So well here's Kaurwaki, Academy Rector^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment