ad

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stoneblade vs BUG Tempo

I guess this has happened to anyone. You draw your seven cards, look at them and wonder how the hell this combination of cards could have happened. And then some of you want to try it out. There are hands that actually work pretty well but sometimes it is simply completely wrong like keeping a hand that looked like - Phyrexian Tower, Wasteland, Volrath's Stronghold in a three colored deck playing against land destruction. I actually managed to play few black spells during that game before my colorless mana base was destroyed^^.

Anyway not so long ago with my BUG deck I once had a hand that looked like this: Hymn To Tourach, Hymn To Tourach, Snapcaster Mage, Underground Sea, Underground Sea, 2x Fetchlands. I played against High Tide and I knew that this would most probably be an overkill for my opponent. I played my first Hymn. That one got countered. I played second one, it resolved. I drew yet one more Hymn which I played and it also resolved. Then I played Snapcaster Mage on the Hymn and the game was pretty much over. I guess my opponent won't have nice memories of the game.^_^

Something similar but not so evil happened few days ago. I played Stoneblade against my own BUG deck. I kept a hand with 3x Inquisition of Kozilek, Swamp, Plains, Sensei's Divining Top and Stoneforge Mystic. I played the first discard spell and a hand with three spells that I did not like much was shown to me - Force of Will, Daze, Ponder, Abrupt Decay and Tombstalker (and lands). I discarded Ponder. The second Inquisition hit Abrupt Decay and the last one hit Daze so I could play my Stoneforge Mystic and win later. The game in the end was quite fun because my Mystic was incapable of beating my opponent fast enough. But this hand worked.

But still nothing can beat my no lander from the last Highlander tournament. Three of my mana sources that I got during the game got destroyed and I still could have won the game if I managed to get a land one turn earlier. Unfortunately it did not happen but it was the most epic game ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment