ad

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

mtg is over....

Magic: The Gathering is no longer 'Magic' for me. The game's original concept and flavor are gone and with that Wizards of the Coast just killed it for me.

Since this very day Magic is a trading card game that has a good mechanics and working rules but will never ever be the same for me. They could just rename it to...whatever they please.

The game stayed with me for years and years, helped me overcome many crises and inspired me a lot in many ways and probably taught me quite some stuff. I met many people and was able to start talking to them (outside of the game).

I will never forget one particular Magic: The Gathering story that explained in child's words what is magic and how it is cast and how mana is drawn.

With this I'm saying my (probably 3rd) Good Bye to Magic. But this time it is different. This time I don't see a way out of this mess unless WotC decides to take the changes back and start doing something that would be closer to the original concept of Magic.

Let's go back to Arabian Nights. I'm fine with it. Let's go back to the asian setting(and I don't speak about KAMIGAWA!). Even... creature heavy expansions were fine. Let's do another torment or onslaught. How about horrors/nightmares once again? crap...I thought that after Alara Reborn things would be better.-_-. Now I don't see it coming. Let's see what time brings...but the new wording is like ehm, well...

Whatever anything, just go back to pre-8th edition please...*sniff* Or just create a new game, rename magic or something...just don't take this away.

WotC I never liked you but this time, I truly hate what you've done.

1 comment: