ad

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Got to play Jubeat Prop!

The last Sunday wasn't special just because I had a great time drafting and playing Zendikar Limited. For those not knowing what Magic: The Gathering is, it is a trading card game. Zendikar is one of its sets that was printed in 2009. It is a set I like and I like to play with it. While doing that I opened cards I could sell for quite a lot fo money but that was not the most important fact of the day. It was my mood that was unusually positive. I smiled, I laughed and I felt happy which is rather an unusual feeling for me. I started wondering when I last felt like that. I remembered that the last time it was when I was playing on Pump it Up Prime in Paris.

Remembering this I just wanted to go somewhere to play that game which was obviously not possible. But I also remembered playing Jubeat at one event and wished at least for that which was actually possible but still very unlikely. While I was still in a match and thinking about music games I received a Facebook message asking me if I'm in Prague. I replied with 'yes' and continued in my Magic match that went rather awry. I was wondering what could possibly be the follow up message if the answer would be 'yes' and I tried to suppress a feeling of hope that I could play some BEMANI games. After I read the following message my heart stopped for a second. I could come and play some Jubeat on DJ Dao ASC! This message came out of nowhere when I just thought that the day couldn't get even better after all those ZEN drafts. I finished my unwinnable match during I had the urge to be salty, but unlike my opponents who were very salty about losing to me, I did not type a thing except GLHF or GG. Then I went to find a bus stop from which I could get to a nearby subway station (the station near our place is closed) and reach my destination where I could play the awesome Japanese music game named Jubeat.

I didn't know what would be happening at my friend's place, I did not want to offend him or anything. I was so happy I could play the game and I have no idea if I can possible repay that. For you who do not know Jubeat. It is a Japanese music game that is mostly accessible only in Japan. While there are machines in other countries of the world they are very scarce. Playing on one of those machines is rather rare thus if you aren't in Japan. There is a possibility to buy a arcade style controller from Dj Dao, but finding something that can possibly emulate or simulate the game is another task and not an easy one. It also means that one needs to get hands on a suitable monitor with exact dimensions and one that does not lag or will go out of focus with time. There's way more problems in getting to play Jubeat at home than you can possibly imagine and that is one of the reasons why I was so happy. My attempts at getting Jubeat running on my computer ended up with a success but it took me about 3 months to get it working and in the end for nothing since I do not own a controller, nor any other hardware I need for it. But at least I know what struggles someone trying to do the same will face.

When there I use a different marker than the one showing digits I struggle to hit the notes at the right time. Thanks to that this video could be shoot. Lovely colors!

When I came to the controller and looked at the screen I noticed Jubeat Prop written on it. Well, honestly I did not even hear about Jubeat Prop. Last time I played, I had the opportunity to play Jubeat Saucer Fullfil which was, well, something new to me at that time too. I started browsing the songs and the music was sorted by style (what do we have in Jubeat?) so it was obvious that I didn't know any of the songs. I was told to try Frozen with holds. I was wondering how bad holds can be in Jubeat. I still did not get used to charge notes in IIDX even though I can somehow survive those songs featuring them. But in Jubeat it was totally different story. I totally failed. From time to time I realized that I should keep my hand on the button. When I did I couldn't follow the other notes though. In Flower song I just saw a bunch of flashing yellow and white markers and couldn't figure out which to press and which to press and hold. It was CHAOS.

I played some level 10 songs on Extreme. Well, I managed to pass some.

After that I played some songs that seemed nice to listen or seemed that could have an interesting notechart. After some fun with the new songs I started browsing other songs and from time to time I was recommended a song or two. Sayounara Heaven was the second song I was recommended. Hey, that chart was actually quite nice. Still I probably like the Beatmania IIDX version of it more but it was nice to play Nekomata Song in Jubeat (I know there are others as well). Next I just browsed the songs randomly and when I saw Reimu Hakurei on some of the images I decided to explore Touhou music and just couldn't NOT play Bad Apple. It felt similarly to the PIU stepchart. After that I played other Touhou songs that I liked (Scarlet Moon!) and then moved to section labeled Anime, played few songs there and continued to other category. I asked my friend to record some videos, so here is one.

No comments:

Post a Comment