ad

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Get Windows 10

this is just a rant post...

Some time ago while I was playing on Magic Online a window popped up trying to advertise Windows 10. I pressed ALT+F4 to close it but it didn't. I tried CTRL+W but that did not do anything either. After I was annoyed to maximum (since this could be seen on my video stream) I clicked on the X icon and managed to close the window. Next time I did not even bother trying to press something and used my touchpad to do so.

Few days ago my computer announced me that it needs to be restarted and it did 10 minutes later. After it restarted it showed me the same dialog box not letting me choose anything else than 'restart' which was very strange. I restarted the computer few more times till it finally let me use it (with the exception of AVG also wanting to restart my computer, so annoying).

Later I was playing a match on Magic Online I started to experienced a big lag and I even wanted to concede because of it. I stopped my stream but it did not help and wondered what is going on. I noticed a Windows 10 icon so I clicked on it and stared at a download bar showing me a progress of 2.83GB file downloading. I clicked on stop downloading and closed the window. Afterwards Magic Online unfroze and started working again. Some time later though it disconnected due to the damn thing downloading once again (it started where it left of).

I let it go and went to sleep that day. A day later it started again, so I looked more closely at the text box and found something marked as 'reschedule'. It allowed me to postpone it for a week. I did that and I was wondering if after I downloaded this thing it would actually start automatically installing itself. This frightened me quite a lot so I decided to uninstall the KB3035583 update that installed to my machine several times already.

When I was updating .NET framework it decided to sneak in even with recommended installs not supposing to install.

Since I'm happy with my Windows 7 Professional I don't want anything like Windows 10. The OS will most probably be unstable and won't probably work correctly at least for the first few months or even a year. I hoped I could skip this system (if there will be something like Windows 11, which I actually expect with Microsoft claiming that Win10 would be the last). I don't care if I pay for Windows later but this is really annoying.

Some services or other stuff like Bing I considered as a malware. It obviously isn't but with similar behavior to this...I wouldn't be surprised if it would be.

Is this 'Get Windows 10' even legal? It misinforms about the installation and such. It does things you don't even agree to. I really hate that but it seems to be the trend nowadays.

Our ISP changed the contract just sending us an email with the changes (being rather radical) and that they automatically take for granted that I agreed to the contract (paying more money). They also send me an email that I should immediately pay for it or our internet connection would be cut. They changed the price we pay, changed the account the money is supposed to be sent and I did not even know about it because I did not really get any kind of announcement about that. Again I wonder...is this legal? Is that normal?

One more story. I need an EUR account without high fees for a single European transaction (the bank I use charges up to 37EUR per transaction). I also needed to be able to send and receive SEPA payments. I went to few banks asking if the banks are capable of that and what the fees would be. I finally found one, opened the account which means 10EUR deposit that will stay there forever just to find out the bank did not accept nor allowed to send SEPA payments. I was furious. I chose this bank according to what they offered and what was actually written in the contract and bam...I can't even use the damn account. I called many times there. No one ever picked up. I went there in person. Waited for two hours just to be told that what I need will most probably be available to us in about 2 years time. I was like WTF? I signed this paper just because of that...I asked to speak with the bank manager but he did not answer my questions either. Is this legal?

Often I just see some kind of shady things like this and I really wonder how come it is possible to do something like this.

Seriously I really feel offended. Shouldn't we be allowed to decide deliberately without being forced into something? Misinformation should be illegal...-_-. I really wonder where this world is going...

No comments:

Post a Comment