ad

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Tempera paint vs Acrylic paint

My father gave me some Tempera paints so I decided to try them out. I want to alter Force of Will in the near future and I want to use the Legacy Championship illustration. So I decided to try to draw it and then color it. I did not expect the tempera to behave the way it did so..I'm not really content with the result. With acrylics I know what to do to achieve a certain effect with this I have no clue....so there's not much detail and I gave up on trying to figure out how to paint something like fire. Anyway any experience is a good one^_^

The first scan/photo is of the tempera painting - on paper, A4 size. It has vivid watercolor like colors but I had difficulties figuring out how to paint what I want. The other one is a scan of the actual acrylic painting (from one of the cards - size: 4.8 cm x 3.8 cm)

No comments:

Post a Comment