ad

Sunday, March 11, 2012

(Book) Mazalan Book of the Fallen

After 12 years Erikson wrote and published the last book of the series. It took me some time to read it as I did not have time for it. Anyway I waited long till I could finish the second half the the Dust of Dreams.

The first 3 books where awesome and really grandioze. What followed was good as well but there were two styles and different groups of protagonists in each book. In the end everything started to converge. After I managed to get through the 8th tome I really wanted to know what will happen. This book for me was the worst. I wasn't prepared for a change of tone and more philosophical thoughts, it seemed the whole book was screaming how bad our society and urbanization is. At least I felt like that. Kruppe's words were good though.

The last book was much easier to read and much more paced and we finally found out why everyone was heading for Kolanse. A really good book. I was sad the story ended, but the characters will live on - Esselmont will most probably write more books and stories and maybe even Erikson will. Looking forward to it.

Personal Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment