ad

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Festival Fantazie

Several years of not attending Festival Fantazie passed. I never imagined that I would end up there once again. Anyway it happened. Outpost had a stand there.

I was supposed to be there with two other people taking care of our store and tournaments at the biggest annual fantasy/sci-fi/gaming convention. In the end there was me and Serwus, who is probably one of the most reliable people I've ever met.

We weren't really prepared for what was coming. We did not expect Magic players to show up nor did we expect to sell much. But Magic players were there and they would be actually buying a lot if we had what they wanted. (so next time we need more shiny stuff^^)

Anyway there were several tournaments - Legacy, Standard twice, SOM Block Draft twice and Trash sealed. On Wednesday we also organized a tournament for beginners with half decks (decks that are given out to beginners that sign up at playmagic.eu)
All the tournaments were successful. There were about 30 people who signed up for Gateway league play even.

I spent most of the time playing Elder Dragon Highlander and standard with the people that came there.

A part from this I played PIU, attended one Kung Fu lesson and participated in two crazy tournaments. Guitar Hero one, which was actually a normal tournament. GH5 was played and actually the songs chosen were nice. I played them later on Expert and the charts were relatively fun (except Du Hast which is pretty boring). But the setlist did not really look interesting to me. After the tournament it did not look THAT BAD to me though. The second tournament was a Remap tournament in ITG. Just map 4 pads somehow and try to finish challenges Xsoft poses on you. It was CRAAAZY. I had to leave early, but the players that ended up on the same place as me decided to give me a medal for it. I should have gotten the GH one too. They are nice.

During the night the real 'party' started. People dancing, drinking, singing and having sex. Hopefully we were upstairs from this and did not really hear that much nor smelled that much. But going down from the stairs was like going through stargate (ending up somewhere completely else). The alcohol odor could be smelled everywhere alongside other smells I can hardly stand and sometimes you had to cross a couple doing well erm something they should be doing elsewhere.

Well, that's all I have to say concerning this convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment