ad

Sunday, May 1, 2011

L5R Celestial Tournament

Test of my deck in heavy military and heavy movement field. (decklist is few posts back)
I played Last Step Castle and since the morning I felt that my final standing wouldn't be good. I felt like crap (I don't want to complain anymore on my blog, but this time I really felt horrible...) and couldn't concentrate. The games were good though and if my brain would be working more I could try my best and see what the deck can do with
something it can't really handle that well. Anyway I made few changes to the deck. I played Meisetsu instead of Nakai and War of Dark Fire so I would start more often with 9 honor in the second turn. After the tournament though I'm not really convinced about the card. The first day I managed to have games in which I haven't seen a magistrate for three turns even after Border Keeps and then I did not see the little guy that often. In most games it was still Bokusui that I played on T1. So well I'm not convinced about this card. But I have to say that the force is good (it actually works) but it lacks the keywords I need.

In fate I played Patrolling the Roads as this is NOT a political action and it can actually gain me some honor. This card actually proved to work quite ok. I also did not really want to play much of steel on steel and restoring order as many people play many don't die cards. But bowing does not really work against a lot of movement played here.

There were other cards in consideration but I end up with something that would require Reinforce the Gates in the deck => thus it would end up being a completely different deck than the one I play now.

Thank to TO for the tournament and thanks to all those who survived playing against me.
---------------------
RND 1
Scorpion Military

I got a good draw and my opponent was too slow. He hadn't Jutsushi nor Kazunori early and for a long time he was without a Shugenja so couldn't play Kami's Whisper nor Whispers of the Forgotten. Still he was capable to slow me down quite a lot. He managed to play Whispers of the Forgotten twice later to let me lose 3 Honor twice and managed to dishonor almost all of my personalities. In the end I still had a lot of ways how to gain honor and managed to win via Honor Victory.


1:0

RND 2
Lion CC Big Weapons

Next I played against Raemon party with big attachments. My draw was good, my opponent was unlucky with his dynasty and the cards he needed he send to the bottom of his Fate deck when I challenged him to a duel. I managed to focus two Hamstrungs but I still knew that this won't be enough if I get hit by Only Actions Speak. When I tried playing Peaceful Discourse I was eventually hit by OAS and that left me at 39 Honor. Then I could just watch the Lion take my provinces down. The deck fares well against my deck even though it probably is not fun to play against it. The game was weird in more aspects but ended as I expected, I lost.
Nice game.

1:1

RND 3
FoBS Ninja
My opponent tried to buy personalities, make big units and destroy provinces early. That worked for me as I could easily kill them with duels.

2:1

RND 4
Scorpion Dishonor
Honestly I have no idea how to play against this and I have to say that I wasn't in any state for playing any game that requires thinking. I got a good draw and good dynasty. My opponent wasn't lucky with his personalities at all as he got the needed ones late in the game. I got Bokuko in play which gives Revenge tokens but I forgot about that. Everyone got dishonored and some died. I managed to get over 40 twice but it wasn't enough as I lost a lot of honor in my opponent's to Unfortunate Incidents + SHadowed Words. I could have probably won if I would know what to do. My magistrates still have force to be able to break down provinces. Good experience.

2:2

RND 5
Dragon Kensai
My opponent got one holding so the game had a really bad start for him and he needed gold to be able to do something against me. He played some high Chi Kensais but I still could manage that. In the end we decided to go into a battle because he wanted to challenge to a duel my personalities^^. It was funny. First challenged died. Then I killed Satsu with Ultimate Sacrifice and then the rest of my personalities died. My province strength was 18 though and his total force after Slow Death twice in a duel was also 18. It was a funny game, but well nothing interesting happened and I did not learn anything new.

3:2

RND 6
Unicorn Uniques
Moto Chen, followed by Tamago, no more to say. Too many movement from my opponent's part and I couldn't control all that. I made two mistakes, but still even without doing them I would lose after I saw my opponent's hand. Another nice game.

My only chance against Chen was Patrolling the Roads but my opponent played Justly Earned Victory on it. I was able to bow two personalities each turn, but Chen with Heavenly Lance of the Unicorn just spoiled that. The first turn when I could use it I should HAVE done that. But still I would end up with a province down anyway..,..Still I will keep the card in the deck, it proved to be working quite well. Wish there would be more dishonor available to dragon magistrate/courtier. Actually if I would manage to dishonor Tamago I would have a chance to do something as he can be hit by political actions unlike Chen. But well redirection works well unfortunately for me. ^_~

3:3

Final standing....hm...well right in the middle. I should have played some silly aggro deck. At least the games would be quick. I got a Wyrmbone Katana though^_^. Nice card.
--------------------------
The deck that follows is the one I played in Budapest.

On day one I played the version that follows (my deck was more against military I did not expect all honor/dishonor field). On day two I made few changes (so it would be better against honor decks). I took out Hojatsu, 1x Nakai, 2x Bokuko and put in 2x Kitsuki Suiha, 1x Kitsuki Yodo and War of Dark Fire. I also put in twice Deeds and Words.

In fate I added Peaceful Discourse (took out 1x Claw and Shell) and exchanged Forewarning with Subversive Influence.

Last Step Castle Honor
Last Step Castle
1x Border Keep
1x Bamboo Harvesters

Dynasty: 40
1x Traveling Peddler
3x Gold Mine
3x My Father's Shrine
1x Shrine to Hotei
2x Public Records
2x Counting House
1x Debt Collector
1x Kitsune Den

1x Hanayashiki
1x Winter's Embrace
1x Naoharu's Gift
1x Well-defended border

3x Kitsuki Taiko
1x Kitsuki Taiko XP
2x Kitsuki Bokuko
1x Kitsuki Hanbei
1x Togashi Satsu
2x Kitsuki Yodo
2x Mirumoto Haru
3x Kitsuki Nakai
2x Mirumoto Bokusui
2x Mirumoto Meisetsu
2x Kitsuki Yukari
1x Otomo Seimi
1x Daigotsu Oki

Fate: 40
3x Hamstrung
2x Steel on Steel
3x Impromptu Duel
3x Imperial Adjudication
3x Writ of Reprimand
3x Outer Walls
1x Forewarning
2x Subversive Influence
2x Restoring Order
2x Distractions in Court
1x Relentless Conviction
1x Ultimate Sacrifice
3x Wall of Honor
1x Ring of Fire
2x Peaceful Discourse
3x Patrolling the Roads
2x Claw and Shell
2x Snow-Swept Summit

No comments:

Post a Comment