ad

Monday, March 14, 2011

3ds max

At school I had basic animation techniques and 3dsmax modeling class. For it I spent ages staring into 3dsmax creating a model of a woman. Now with the more advanced class I should be creating an environment that would be later imported into a gaming engine.
I did not come with a brilliant idea or anything but I decided to learn a bit about 3d modeling by creating objects I can see and measure. I started with creating 3 different types of chair (normal wooden one modeled out of blocks, metal one modeled using splines and creating an armchair using chamferbox). Later I created other models to learn some basics ... well the following image shows what I do right now.

I'm no expert in doing this but I think that I can actually improve and start to like it once again.

Anyway the scene shows some objects from game store outpost. I don't spent ages on making it look 100% the same but I at least try to make it look similar (more or less, depends on the object some made me angry soon so I did not really care much about them... I don't plan doing anything with those stairs! Door is fine in the end, but it needs a handle...argh).

Anyway whatever here's my work in progress.







No comments:

Post a Comment