ad

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Block Constructed - Artifact aggro no.2

I haven't written a magic related post in a while...I'm not really sure if I'll post report from Magic Weekend Paris so here's a different one.

I build a funny Esper Artifact Aggro for extended (posted some time ago). Now we decided to try block constructed. With few changes and new cards a new deck was build. I took the idea partly from all common boros deck with Hawks and artifacts (equips)...The other part came from the esper aggro deck.

Such aggro decks die to Day of Judgment or anything so I decided to play Glint Hawk Idols and Chimeric mass to see what it can do. I have problems with dealing with artifacts in general (unless I counter that) so that's why I introduced them. (and it works to some extent)

Here's the deck

MonoWhite Artifacts
4x Signal Pest
4x Memnite
4x Master's Call
4x Ardent Recruit
4x Glint Hawk
4x Mox Opal (not sure about four)
4x white spellbomb (not sure about this either but it is an artifact and can be a creature)
4x Glint Hawk Idol
4x Chimeric Mass
4x Tempered Steel

4x Contested Warzone
16x Plains

This deck needs metalcraft soon and attack as soon as possible dealing as much damage as possible. Memnite is good with Hawks and Master's call creates artifacts that can easily be 3/3, after a global removal spell via this card you can deal lethal damage (as this deck can kill before the 4th turn). Anyway not sure how consistent this is as I haven't played much with it yet. But well signal pest is good!

Imagine this little creature with Sword of body and mind or sword of feast and famine^^. A deck running the swords would need stoneforge mystics, some little annoying artifacts and Tezzeret 2.0. Such deck might be much more versatile than this little creatures aggro deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment