ad

Friday, February 5, 2010

FNM

Today my mood was really bad (and still is). I don't have the will to do anything today. I just had no idea what to do today...I was just sitting here and staring at the piles of magic cards I have here and staring into magic workstation (I need to do something with those piles as quite expensive cards are among those cards). It took about 3 hours for me to decide whether going to local FNM is a good idea or not. Finally I decided that it might be a good idea remembering my last local draft.

On my way to the location I remembered the Vyskov preview and that made me pretty angry. Later I found out that this actually helped me. At least I did not have the feeling that I would start crying which wouldn't be fun...during the tournament.

First we played few games of Bang which was a nice distraction. We had a really 'silly' Sheriff. There were so many "random" plays that it was difficult to say how the game would end up. Sheriff seemed to like shooting at people and especially shooting at Vice-Sheriff and taking cards randomly from our hands seemed to be good for him as well. It was also fun to play this game with other people having the same mind processes (at least in game terms - and the exception is probably our lovely sheriff that none of us understood...).

After this we took quite some time to decide what we want to draft. The final decision was - the current block. In my first booster I encountered Emeria Angel so that decided what colors I would be picking if something in white would come to me. And well it continued quite ok knowing that other two players to my right were taking white (and blue). On my left it was clear that B/R would be played.
I was praying quite hard to get some low CMC cards (creatures actually) in the third booster. I knew that I would be quite doomed if I wouldn't get some low cost creatures and would end up stuck with 4,5+ CMC.
Here's what I ended up with.

GW aggro
2x Quicksand
1x Refraction Trap
1x Loam Lion
1x Emeria Angel
2x Hada Freeblade
1x Steppe Lynx
1x Kor Skyfisher
1x Kor Aeronaut
1x Kor Sanctifiers
1x Cliff Threader
1x Vines of Vastwood
1x Grazing Gladehart
1x Iona's Judgment
1x Savage Silhouette
1x Baloth Woodcrusher
1x Arrow Volley Trap
1x Kor Hookmaster
1x Pillarfield Ox
2x Territorial Baloth
1x River Boa
1x Grappler Spider
At the end of the draft we found out that there were few fetchlands, manlands and Jace, the mind sculptor. Me being second I could choose which fetchland I want so I picked Scalding Tarn. After the draft I was to hungry to stay. I would stay there and would have played few more games but I was starving already and my zoo at home as well most probably. I'm glad I participated in the local FNM today.

No comments:

Post a Comment