ad

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Magic The Gathering

The very same morning that we arrived from Cologne my sister called me that we would go to grandma's that evening. I said I would join her. At 9:20 thus I had to get up. I got up fed the cats once again, done all the tasks that were necessary and started tidying the place justa bit up. I also needed to take a shower, pack and I wanted to write a report from Gamescon or process some of the photos I took.
In the end I managed everything what I wanted (to some extent at least). At 3:20 I was off to Prague. The very instant that I entered the bus a storm started. I was lucky^^. I almost fainted in the bus because of the atmospheric pressure change. I got off the bus hopefully and managed to get to Outpost. I ordered a coffee and I met a friend of mine with his friend there.
I watched a match between rats and elves and then I had to try it myself. Actually I won the game with Troll Ascetic
+ Rancor (understand that it wasn't really an elf deck..but most of the creatures were elves). After that we picked different decks. I played against monoblack deck type 1.5 (or 1) that was far superior than those poor domain Slivers. After that I played against a different deck (Izzet one) and after 5 mulligans or some I managed to draw something that was playable^^ (the deck itself was not playable but it could be playable if the player changed some cards and added few lands).
Later I took my extended deck and played against equip cat/human soldiers. I won even though it was close (I did not sideboard Ancient Grudges yet).
It was fun to play and I also saw some pretty expensive cards used in decks that weren't really worth it but still we had fun. Hopefully we will meet once again. (I want Sliver Overlord from him)

After this we headed to Cerny Rytir so Had could get his cards. Later I had to go to meet my sister so we would get on train to Suchdol together. I showed my painted cards to my sister and the person sitting next to me got interested in those. The person sitting next to him asked him if he knows the game so he replied truthfully that he knows it. I showed my cards to the rest of the people there and then we played Magic with Martin (the person sitting next to me). It was fun and I have to admit that he was a good player. That's something I did not expect. I mean ok there are good players all around the Czech Republic but mostly I meet people who either don't know the rules or can't play the game. I don't usually play against really good players as those are not usually interested in casual gaming. This is actually what Czech Republic lacks. There's tons of beginning players or those who don't know how to play well and then we have many good professional players. But there's almost no one playing for fun (and being good at the same time - well those who are good usually play EDH so I guess I should make a deck myself...). That's why I enjoyed these games against Martin. He is a good player and played for fun.

We spent the rest of the trip chatting about card games and board games. We also had to endure listening to silly comments from the person sitting next to Martin. It was fun sometimes but that person could be pretty rude as well.

So well I just wanted to say thanks to the two former Magic: The Gathering players by this log entry. I highly appreciated this.

No comments:

Post a Comment