ad

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Terese Nielsen

At school we have to produce papers on different art movements or particular artists of the particular area. It's here that I got the chance to find more information about artists like Alphonse Mucha and Gustav Klimt recently. When doing research about these artists I found a really interesting link. I know that internet search engines sometime find a really weird sites to look at (usually something completely impertinent). That is how I came to Terese Nielsen official home page. I had no idea why Alphonse Mucha, Gustav Klimt or Art Nouveau returned me this page (I later found out why). Anyway Terese Nielsen being one of my favorite artists (maybe the most favorite one) I clicked on the link. I got to a blog and went through few Magic Alters, later I decided to click on her Bio and read through some of the information. I found many interesting things so I'll share some of them with you. (for more please check her official page at http://www.tnielsen.com/)

She was born to farmers in the small town of Aurora (nice name for a city) in Nebraska in 1966. She has a twin brother and an older one about whom I might speak later. Her older brother is Ron Spencer and that is I did not expect at all^_~. Living on a farm was a hard work for all of them and as there were no other houses in the proximity they often spend the time together. Doodling and later far more serious drawing was one of their pass time activities that became far more than that for Ron and Terese.

Terese wanted to study in a medical field of study but failed because of the complexity of maths. She still loved drawing and continued in it though. In 1984 she went to study art at Rick's Collage, Later, she entered Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. That's also where she realized that the field is male dominated and female's are not really that welcome even when talented as her. This did not stop her and probably it is one of the things that made her do her best and show that 'she can do it'.

No comments:

Post a Comment