ad

Saturday, May 23, 2009

FNM

This Friday seemed to be a bad day. I woke up feeling really bad, had to run at my top speed to catch the bus as I left the house in 33 and the bus leaves at 38 (and I usually take 11 minutes walking). At school I found out that the teacher's not there and would come in more than an hour. We got new assignment.

After that I kind of slithered to Andel where I tried to get some steamed vegetables for lunch (as my stomach was already on strike that day). After the vegetables it was continuing to act up so I tried a melissa infusion to calm it down^_^ Hopefully it worked.

Later I went to Outpost. I did not even consider going there the day before but as I was in no state going home I decided to stay at the game store. I got two decks on me so and a book so I had stuff to pass the time. (the rest I left at home)

In Outpost I felt that my body is gaining weight or something. It felt like made of concrete. I couldn't even stand up, I started to feel dizzy ... and well a storm came^_^. (I always feel like this when storm is coming). I don't remember much from the time spent in outpost...I know I played Magic but that's about it^_^.

After the storm we went to Ecostyle/Esoteric/E...? Exhibition and went through it. My aunt has a stand there with her drawings. As I did not really want to head back home we went back to Outpost. I started to feel better finally.

Friday Night Magic
FNM registration was taking place so I just registered (hoping 4 rounds would be played).

1st round. I played against an esper deck that was probably trying to win with Glassdusk Hulk but it did not really work out well for him. He was for sure a casual player.

2nd round. Here everything started. Almost all non-basic lands costing more than my whole deck, first card played against me Wrath of God and it continued that way. I being completely silly in the first match still won it. Third round was pretty interesting as well (having seen so many rares in a deck yet^_^).
(last time I saw this style of playing was at PTQ Honolulu so...that says probably something).

Anyway the last round was probably a road to hell. Each round I was starting with one or two mulligans and still it wasn't THAT bad for me. But in this round all I managed to get was half of the plains in my deck on the table^_~. In the second match my opening hand was ok and I thought I could at least stand a chance for a while. But no....

1st Cascade = Kitchen Finks
2nd Cascade = Kitchen Finks
3rd Cascade = Kitchen Finks

Even volcanic fallouts did not help me. I wonder if the fourth cascade would get the last Kitchen Finks in play. *grin*

Anyway I think it was a nice diversion for the players there because they have probably never seen a deck like this played at a tournament (with all (almost) basic lands, hihi^_^). And for me it was quite a nice experience too as this was nothing compared to a type 2 tournaments here in Beroun.

When I was leaving I still heard people talking about me. Hope I made a good impression^_^.

2 comments:

  1. dobrý dojem jsi zanechala, o tom žádná ;-)

    Váňa (celkový vítěz) z toho byl docela špatnej, byl rád že nad tebou vyhrál, ale to jek vyhrál ho moc nepotěšilo

    škoda že se začalo tak náhle, než jsem stihl upravit deck (a sehnat ještě jeden martial coup) tak se začlo :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Co nadelam, stava se^_~.
    ale je pravda, ze jsem si chtela jakoze proti vitezovi (aspon) zahrat a ne se nechat umlatit finkama.

    taky me napadla totalni zabijarna. sice ve spojeni s tvym deckem (asi to bude tema martial coupama)

    - 3/3 giant neco delajici kithkiny (cloudgoat ranger)
    - nejaka roztomila potvora s lifelinkem a first strikem (knight of meadowgrain)
    - spectral procession
    a k tomu treba ajaniho^_^ nebo neco jineho, co ti nasazi +1/+1 countery na tokeny.

    no proste...radsi o tom nebudu moc premyslet. pak bych si tam pridala nejake bile removal, (k tomu i ty zatraceny finky), kdyz nasplashuju cernou tak scullery a pripadne wratha.

    takze jestli bych mela stavet monocolor deck...tak tahle bila varianta me osobne desi.

    ReplyDelete