ad

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Weird Day



At noon we were supposed to be on our way from the hill to the bus station. I headed for school and my boyfriend had some important business to do. We parted our ways at Andel.

I arrived to school earlier than I expected. I took out my EDH decks and was going through the cards. At one point I had Avenger of Zendikar in my hand. I got it out of the sleeves and decided to paint on the card. Wasn't sure about what...I read the text and realized that there is 'may' in the landfall ability. Anyway the word was just above the word 'plant'. At some certain point in my life I was drawing Plant tokens and I had them in my album for quite some time (just copying the original token painting). I decided to paint the plant.

I painted the plant in shades of grey. Then I started adding a bit of color. A bit of yellow, green, brown and red. In the end I added a bit of black. I wasn't aiming at copying the token image correctly nor using the same colors. I just needed to do something. My head was full of the teacher and I had butterflies in my stomach. I really did not feel well and I started to be afraid of what the encounter would provoke in me. So I was painting my little plant while waiting for him to show up. (I played a bit of Kurimix as well). The scan of Avenger is above. I'll probably work a bit on it more. I like the little plant but it would need different colors and hard edges. I wasn't in mood for that. (I'll try experimenting with copics and magic cards)

After surviving the lesson with my hands folded all the time I headed to 'rival' game store in Prague. I wanted to get something for my boyfriend and play few games if possible. Money was a issue but I had album with some promos and foils on me. I put that on the table next to me and soon I had people coming to me asking if they can see it. I sold few cards right away for about 400 crowns. I bought Lion Starter deck for my bf and then played few games with fellow players. One player borrowed me his deck featuring Primeval Titan + Kessig Wolf Runs and Inkmoth Nexi. Nice games, but it seemed that I actually had the best deck (even when oddly build and not being competitive) as I always won. After that I played with my Mimeoplasm and won with Avenger of Zendikar, Phyrexian Metamorph (being Avenger) and having 13 6/7 plants. That was an overkill. Hopefully the players will still continue playing magic and building decks^_~. We need players like them.

Few minutes later someone asked me if I don't want to play a game, so we played. My deck was always winning against his Glissa. In the meantime there were other people asking me if I have this or that or if they can see my album. The majority of the boys was talking to me as if I were a boy as well except one boy who concluded with 'duh, it's a girl!'. His sentence was probably not heard by many. I don't know, sometimes I wonder what I would have to do to be considered a girl while being in a game store, playing magic or whatever. I'm afraid that wearing a dress wouldn't help either (and for once I wasn't dressed in too big magic the gathering t-shirt). I sold and traded few more cards.

When I lifted my head from time to time I couldn't but notice another girl in the room (there was one more playing WoW but she's coming there often). She wasn't a player for sure and was probably waiting for her (boy)friend or brother to finish a game. She was ignored by everybody there. But what stroke me was that she was staring at me with a fierce and hostile look. It did not feel good at all. Whenever I lifted my head so I could answer someone about some trades I saw her watching. Being called a boy felt better than this (happens often no matter how I look like). This was really strange though. I started to feel pretty awkward...

After that I left and had a good dinner with my bf and we got a coffee as well (at least in my case). It was nice, but that teacher was coming back to my head. After arriving to Beroun it just had to get out...Playing Magic and being with my bf helped ... but it's not enough.

Erm, I don't know if I want to tag this post with 'Magic: The Gathering'...ehm...

No comments:

Post a Comment