ad

Saturday, February 25, 2012

(movie) The Warrior (2011)

I wanted to see this movie for a while now. The movie is highly rated so I had to see it.

Two brothers. The older one, married with children but trying to solve a financial problem (having three jobs and trying as hard as they can but to no avail) and the other one torn apart by events in his past - his mother's death and death of his brother-in-arms. Their father, sad and regretting the period when he was drunk and when he was neglecting his family. He would love be closer with his sons, but he hits a stone wall - none of them wants to have anything with him.

At the very beginning of the movie hearing the background music and seeing Tom and Paddy meet each other after a long time was something that provoked some kind of mood in me. I knew that this would stick with me for the reminder of it. Not so many movies have such an effect on me.

The fighting was really well done and really well shot. The fights really look realistic and the shots are really great. I haven't seen such quality yet. I felt the feeling when you ran at somebody grab him, take him down and lock him and then you wait for him to tap out.

Personally I don't know how to rate this movie. It emotionally moved me, it reminded me of how it feels to fight and I've seen a really well done fights and shots. The mood of the movie seemed perfect to me. The ending could have been more of an ending, but as the emotions are more important than the actually story it is fine.

Personal Rating: 3/5
Even though I think the movie was stunning I just don't feel like giving it a 4. I could find reasons to give it anything between 3-4 but still for that it would have to appeal to me much more I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment