ad

Monday, December 21, 2009

Where to enjoy some tea... - Bily Jerab

It is quite unusual but Czech Republic has many tea rooms, a place where you can drink high quality tea from Asia. I used to go to a tea room once, twice a week. I visited many tea rooms across the Czech Republic. Some I visit still (U dvou salku - Namesti Miru) some I don't (Dobra Cajovna, Vaclavske namesti) and some I never wanted to go again (Ruzova cajovna, Mesicni kocka).

Lately I give my preference to Bily Jerab located at Svandovo Divadlo tram station (Stefanikova, Prague). The tea room is in the basement. The place is welcoming and calm (the capacity is not big). The people are nice and the choices of teas are good. They have high quality Chinese and Japanese teas (they have the milk fermented oolong for example which is quite rare to get here). You can get taste some Vietnamese teas, get the classical Indian and Turkish teas etc. There are also flavored teas, mates and sahleps. They serve several kinds of couscous and some cookies (even macha cookies - cookies made from the 'tea' macha).

If you like good teas and calm places where to chat or spend your time, pay visit to this place (if you haven't done that already). It's quite hidden but when you find it I think you will enjoy it the same way I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment