ad

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Squop + fungi + Gempalm Polluter

On one Czech discussion boards server there's a board "Identify a Magic card by picture, flavor text etc...". Someone posted a picture of a Zombie Wizard - Coffin Queen I just saw yesterday when browsing cards I could use with my zombies (I was looking for something that would steal other player's creatures). ON that board someone else made a comment that was directed to me about slivers, so I was like...Do I know him?

I found his ICQ number and asked him about those slivers he mentioned. He sent me his photo and I recognized him. But it was an older memory. Not that I would remember seeing him last week. Anyway we decided to meet (we would probably meet as we were heading to the same place). So I left for Prague.

I have to admit something... After a long, long time I've met a really nice gentleman with whom I spent most of my day. We played Magic: The Gathering, talked about TCGs/CCGs and literature. Book of the Malazan fallen was mentioned as well during our chat. It seems that this series got pretty popular^_~.

I haven't smiled and laughed so much in years. I will probably feel the consequences tomorrow^_^ as laughing is quite physically demanding^_~. This is something I did not expect at all. Me laughing and smiling? That's something that does not happen often, actually it happens rarely.

If you wonder who the person is...He introduced himself to me (even though I already found him on the internet) as Squop. But I think that from this day on, he's going to be in my head under the nickname - Gempalm Polluter - as I won't forget his facial expression when this card decided the game.

From him I also found nickname of the "Treefolk" person I played against last week. I hope to meet him again and next time properly introduce myself and let him do the same^_^.

Thanks!

EDIT: Squop: ok...maybe Naturalize would be a better nickname. So who it was laughing more in the end me or you? I really have no idea how come I could draw four Scatter the Seeds twice in a row and no Naturalize cards in ....well....all the games we played? (I've got four of them *grin*)

3 comments:

  1. no, myslím že se s tím naučím žít ;-)

    a když ne tak ti předvedu pořádnej Yoke ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kus s nejakym yoke of the dead!!!
    oblivion ring na tebe! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  3. na mě klidně, ale na krokodýla mi nešahej :-P

    ReplyDelete