ad

Monday, March 2, 2009

Mortal Kombat


Many people have seen me in the arcades playing a fighting game. Their reactions were usually "Heh, a girl playing MK, she has to be easy to beat" or "OMG a girl playing MK and winning?". The first group usually challenged me and many times it was them who ended up dead.

On the 21st of October, I had the chance to play Mortal Kombat 1. The very first fighting game that I started to like. I used to play this game a lot at home and in the arcades and was one of the few who could beat the whole game while beating Reptile in the pit, succeeding in all test your mights and getting much higher score than normal because of Fatalities and Flawless Victories. Probably all this skill I gained is lost as I haven't played the game in ages. But still I know the game and I surprise people from time to time even nowadays.






Last time I surprised someone was at Games Convention. I waited for a long time to get a chance to play Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. I did not come there with someone so I played against someone I've never met before. The player thought he can beat me easily. The first round I lost as my character was already badly wounded and I had to realize what button does what on Xbox controller. That single fight was ok for me to realize how to control the game and for the next 5 matches it was me who was the winner. The lad was quite unhappy about this and left-_-...

No comments:

Post a Comment