ad

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dockinez, DJ Joker and MtG

Yesterday was dedicated to Dockinez. He invited me to a Indian restaurant called Himalaya somewhere in the Golden Alley. I was thinking about having Chicken Tikka Masala or Butter Chicken but later decided to take Non Veg Thali and see what different kinds of meals I get. Everything was quite spicy ^_~. But the chicken was good. The vegetable salads or what it was were more interesting. One tasted completely different than I would expect, but it was good. The second vegetable "something" looked like ... a sprout so I called it Saproling since then. Even though it looked terrible it tasted well^_^. It was really a good meal and nice enjoyable stay there.

After that we walked to Narodni Trida still continuing in our chat. From there we took the subway to Andel and headed to Outpost (On our way we met Hobit - the owner of the place).

There we played 2 headed giant games against other people. The first two were playing all common standard decks that were more or less blue/black oriented. First match was played against these two decks. We had both T1.5 decks which wasn't fair so we grabbed different decks that were slower and less powerful later. (blue in both decks^_~)

Our opponents played some of the cards we did not like at all 4 times each. Like some deathtouch owl eight times per match (Tidehollow Strix) and Agony Warp (Target creature gets -3/0, Target Creature gets 0/-3) seven times or so. Once there were 4 owls and 3 gargoyles on our opponents' side of the table. The only thing that saved us from dying were my flying regenerating slivers, otherwise we would lose for sure. I was b*tching with my spectral sliver that was killed/counterspelled X times till it finally ended up on the table (and not being in the graveyard). I should also mention Oona's Gatewarden whom we call "Michael Jackson". This faerie was bothering us quite often as well and it's one of the cards that did not want to end up countered (beh!).

In this game I was swearing all the time because each creature was BLACK! or artifact. I'm fine with Artifact Creatures, I have nothing against them. I hate Mirrodin Block and Affinity and some other nasty things (that's why I build my Disciple of the Vault deck and decided to beat all the artifact decks at school - so they would build a new deck not based on affinity and such). But what I don't get is... First creature on the table - Michael (BU), second creature on the table - Owl (BU), third creature on the table - something blue. So I wanted to check the card and see what it is (so I could finally destroy something) and the opponent was just "It's an artifact". So I said ok...maybe later a blue or white creature would come into play. Later on a completely white card (or at least seemed to me) came into play...and you know what? In addition to being white, it was as well blue and ARTIFACT! I know that ok...being an artifact is usually a disadvantage against other colors except the one I play - black (which usually does not target artifacts and black creatures) But this is just too much for me. Weren't artifacts colorless?? o_O when did colored artifacts show up for the first time?

We also had a match against some other two standard decks - red elementals and something that did not even get to play something worthy mentioning.

After few more plays we went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner talking about TCGs and CCGs and discussing some artwork and B/W borders^_~. Then we came back to outpost to play a bit more. There I noticed that there's preconstructed Sliver deck for sale. So I bought it for the third time. This time hoping that inside I would really find slivers and not some wizards I got there twice already. I was lucky today^_~ It really was a sliver deck. Dockinez bought Fun with Fungus deck for his friend so we had to try these decks out. Slivers have bad match up with Fungus but still I managed to win the first round and I have to say it was unforgettable win.

I got slivers that add +2/+2 and 0/+2, +2/0. The last ended up dead. Later Gemhide Slivers joined the other slivers. So I had nice 5/3 slivers.
I decided to attack with those hoping 2 saprolings would get killed each round. (Fungus deck was still a bit ahead as it was generating saprolings faster than I was killing them). Anyway I drew a card and *evil grin* showed on my face. Dockinez horrified asked "Double Strike?". I put it into play and attacked again with my lovely Gemhides. ^_^ Few more turns and the victory was mine. Ever killed by 5/3 double strike gemhide slivers? The other two rounds were fast victory for Fungi so I decided to play my fungi against the PCD. I was faster in generating saprolings and won even though I still was getting swamps and not forests. Maybe I should change the numbers but still 14 forests should be enough?

By that time it was 10 pm so we decided to leave. I left for Zlicin to catch the bus to Beroun and Dockinez headed to Mustek. To make long story short...I waited there for one of the three buses normally going to Beroun at that hour. One did not arrive, two arrived but said that they won't go to Beroun for some reason. At the same bus station I met DJ Joker and we had a small talk about music, DJing and such and I'm honored meeting him. Same goes to Dockinez.

When all the buses left I called Molik if I can stay over for the night. I arrived home this morning, completely exhausted and starving^_~. But it was worth it.

Thanks to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment