ad

Monday, April 23, 2012

Second Chance Prague 2011

On the date which was bad for many reasons we played in Kotei and Second Chance Event in Prague 2011. The first day was the worst tournament ever in my life and a post about cheating followed later (Cheating Some General Rant). Cheating wasn't the only issue. It seems that I did not write a report from the tournament and that's a good thing or at least I thought it better. For the tournament I chose LSC Honor deck which wasn't that good anymore, especially when the filed was full of Dishonor decks and out of those 6 or how many I encountered 5 and the last was a mirror match that I managed to lose even though I win the dice roll and was on the play (kinda does not apply in this game, but well I was the starting player). There were several players that were intentionally cheating and calling a judge was of no use to me either. Judge was giving out wrong rulings and did not care about stalling or missed triggers. I lost a game because of this and I was seriously angry. I was enraged when I played against another player who can't play anything well. But as it was a bad match up I lost and he was commenting my plays and was trying to tell me that doing that or that won't help even though his thoughts were completely wrong and I was thinking about something completely else. I knew I could hardly win. I managed not to kill him, left Cerny Rytir and kicked the outside wall several times surprising nearby smokers. Cool with the record of 0:4 at that time because of twice idiot judge and once because of bad matchup I just couldn't be calm. It was no fun. I did not check 'drop' so I continued. I played against a friend of mine who let me win a game. I was gaining honor fast but I was unable to deal with all Jutsushis and one single Ambush. In the last round I played against another LSC player who was kind, nice and played well. A pity that his record was 1:5, he struggled with the same problem as me.

The second day started much better. I decided to play DGC and hoped to win at least one game. Everything was going ok. I played with the players from Top 8 of the main event and the games were tense and fun. On the photo above you can see that I truly played Mantis. I was playing at the top tables and was enjoying the tournament but then something unexpected happened. There were new pairings. And then... there were once again new pairings but these this time sent me across the room, I was like WTF? More people were trying to figure out what happened. We were told to wait and not start to play. Few moments later we were allowed to play - something was seriously wrong.

I lost the game and everything went downhill for me.

That's about it. Remembering the event is hard. Wish I could forget it - but a year later photos from the event are up. And few photos actually have me in them. I thought that I would never write about these events but I had to at least like this. It was too much. The organizator does not deserve anything. All those people who made the event possible should be at least thanked or mentioned. But neither happened. Due to several lucky coincidences the tournament was actually started and finished.

Never again. (This wasn't the only issue that bothered me, there were many other that preceded and that followed)

No comments:

Post a Comment