ad

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Inferno Titan blast (Heartless Summoning UBR)

Playing Wolf Run is not something that I like. I don't know how to play it well and it's not fun at all^^. So I was trying to figure out what else I could play avoiding UWR colors that my boyfriend started to play. I still can play UB control but I wanted to try something new. For long I wanted to play Grixis colors but control in those colors just seem inferior to Esper one so I went into different direction. Reanimation is something that is in my head for quite some time and I also like Phyrexian Metamorph/Phantasmal Image Geralf's Messenger. I tried a deck with some reanimation and Flayer of the Hatebound but it did not work. Now I put together a Heartless Summoning list.

I wanted to play red so I could have access to Inferno Titan ( Massacre Wurm can be an instant kill), Slagstorm ( Black Sun's Zenith works too)and Galvanic Blast (even though black removal can work as well). Blue for Fact-or-Fiction Sphinx, maybe for Frost Titan but also for Phyrexian Metamorh and/or Phantasmal Image. I also put in Ponder to help me look for what I need and of course Havengul Lich. Black is there for Demonic Tutor-demon and Heartless Summoning.

Anyway this deck ramps with Sphere of the Suns and Solemn Simulacrum and from time to time Heartless Summoning comes at the right moment and helps a ton. After you just play creature after creature and win^_~
- Grixis

24 lands (needs more thought, I had difficulties with UU)
4x Slagstorm
4x Galvanic Blast
4x Heartless Summoning
4x Sphere of the Suns
4x Ponder

3x Solemn Simulacrum
2x Rune-Scarred Demon
2x Sphinx of Uthuun
4x Inferno Titan
3x Havengul Lich (I would probably take one out and play Rune-Scarred Demon...)
2x Phyrexian Metamorph

Author's note:

The first tournament I played, I managed to come up second. I was able to win against BW Tokens, managed survive against Esper Walkers and Monored deck usually is stopped by a Grave Titan quite easily. Second tournament though was a catastrophe. It was mainly my lands screwing me up. I was unable to have the lands I need and that slowed me down and I went 1:3 in that tournament. After this experience I decided to get rid of this deck even though being it only UB I can imagine it working. Also BG Heartless can work but I decided to stick with Wolf Run Ramp. But I have to admit that the games were quite unusual and my opponent's wrong judgment was actually what eventually killed me in two games. I hate when this happens but it does^_^.

No comments:

Post a Comment