ad

Thursday, November 17, 2011

EDH Tourney aka I have nothing to write about...

A holiday in our country, some players actually came here to play some highlander. Six people counting me was here. EDH is being played here at least twice a week but the day of the tournament no one usually shows up. So even 4 people is a lot.

I played my Mimeoplasm deck and in the first round I encountered Scion of the Ur-Dragon. My deck is build in a way so it could possible deal with everything it can encounter. In this case I decided to keep my opponent of the remaining fifth color so I would not need to deal with the general as that card can kill me in 1-2 turns. I destroyed twice a source of black mana which gave me enough time to play Karn Liberated which won me the game.

In round 2 I played against mono-green deck (running some multicolored cards like progenitus and green/x lieges). So I knew that I wouldn't need to deal with the general as the player was unable to play it. His start was mana elf + wall of roots and later played cards like Brawn, Vigor, Omnath and some big beasts. I was playing lands. I had 2 islands, 2 colorless lands + mana stone. If this card would be destroyed I would probably lose. Anyway my back up plan was Jace TMS who would slow my opponent enough till I would get a forest, search for two swamps and then play Damnation. Anyway I managed to play Skyshroud Claim getting me the lands I needed and played Damnation. Jace followed. My opponent having only one card in his hand - I had Dissipate for that. Jace won me the game even though I had big creatures on my side and 14/14 Mimeoplasm. One more attack would suffice as well.

Round three. Hidetsugu goblins + some big creatures like Akroma and Inferno Titan. He played like 6 goblins fast and dealt me some damage. My only removal in my hand was Life's Finale. I was hoping to survive till the point I could actually play the card but still 15 was were it ended. I played Life's Finale and my opponent was also left with one card on his hand. I reanimated some creatures but later Jokulhaups restarted the game. My opponent wasn't drawing lands. I got one first after 3 turns - Creeping Tar Pit. Flooded Grove followed. I tutored the one more land so I could ramp and I even drew Sol Ring. That pretty much decided the game.

After that I handed out the prizes to other people.

3:0, one lifetime point, and hopefully few satisfied players.

No comments:

Post a Comment