ad

Friday, October 14, 2011

Keyboard Mania? - Airflow

Today I was trying to delete some files from my notebook's harddrive so the OS would have some free memory and I stumbled across one very strange thing - Doremimania. Few years ago I installed a Keyboard Mania simulator (caled Doremimania) on my computer and tried it. I recorded few of the songs when playing them for the first time on sight read. I have to say that it was REALLY difficult for me to figure out which note is which and what should I press while not looking at the keys because I tried following the notes on the screen. That's why I was playing easy songs and avoided stuff like Kakumei^^.

Being able to play on the piano does not help with Keyboard Mania much when you first play it because you are unable to read it or at least I wasn't capable of reading that which was quite a surprise because I'm used to playing IIDX doubles (and thus reading the notes)! But it seems that 14k and even a small keyboard is a great difference.

This is how Airflow ended up sounding like^_^. It wasn't that bad^_~.


EDIT: I will reupload the file.. for the time being the file can be found -> Airflow (Google Drive)

For those interested in trying something like this. They can try Synthesia. It is a software that allows you to learn how to play something on the piano. It allows importing one own's midi files so BEMANI songs can be imported and played. I created a midi file for Blind Justice in Ableton Life that I imported into Synthesia. I did not manage to create two tracks at that time (each one for one hand) but Synthesia is supposedly capable of doing this on its own. Here is how it looks (or rather looked) like (the audio is not from Synthesia but Ableton Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment