ad

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Upcoming t2 once again - UB

I tried to figure out what to do with my UW Splicer/Venser deck and came up with the conclusion that it either needs to be more aggro - thus playing creatures that would make difference (rather little ones.. - up to cmc4. there could be either mega fast version with memnites and such or slower one with hero of bladehold for example or golems, but I find those too expensive and slow) or play more control. I'm somewhere in the middle and that might not be the best. I wanted to try Phyrexian Metamorph and Oblivion Ring/or more counterspells. In the end I gave up (I made changes to the deck though) and started trying to figure out what else to build.

I wanted to exchange counterspells with discard because the counterspells started to annoy me more and more. I also had problems with other 'walkers when they resolved and occasional oblivion ring wasn't enough. So I decided to ignore that and try to play more annoying cards myself. In the end I ended up with something playing Grave Titan, Wurmcoil Engine and some ramp. The only white card left was Blade Splicer so I discarded that one and turn this deck into Forgemaster/Colossus combo.

Well, it is not control and not really a creature aggro either. It needs to be fast and kill via infect. But now it seems that the format will be pretty creature heavy and such a deck might have serious problems dealing with all those creatures. And yes Squadron Hawk is still annoying.


UB
Creatures [8]
1 Blightsteel Colossus
4 Kuldotha Forgemaster
1 Myr Battlesphere
4 Plague Myr
2 Solemn Simulacrum
4 Spellskite
2 Wurmcoil Engine

Planeswalkers [4]
4 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

Spells [16]
4 Despise
2 Gitaxian Probe
4 Ponder
4 Sphere of the Suns
2 Tezzeret's Gambit

Lands[23]
4 Darkslick Shores
4 Drowned Catacomb
4 Inkmoth Nexus
5 Island
6 Swamp

No comments:

Post a Comment