ad

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Prototype deck for upcoming t2

Hello, I usually build some silly decks for an upcoming format even without knowing what people would play. (even though sometimes the decks end up being played). Anyway I was trying to figure out what cards could replace Sea Gate Oracles and Wall of Omens and what a new winning condition of a UW deck could be (as Celestial Colonnade will rotate).

I decided to give a try to Blade Splicer, Sun Titan and Venser. I put in few Solemn Simulacrums so it would be easier for me to get my sixth and seventh land. Some card draw, removal and the deck was made.

Anyway I tried playing timely reinforcements so I could deal with decks like kuldotha red. But maybe siding cards like marrow shards, this card or mental misstep could work as well.

So here's my first draft of a deck for the upcoming type 2.

UW
Creatures [8]
4 Blade Splicer
2 Solemn Simulacrum
2 Sun Titan

Planeswalkers [7]
1 Elspeth Tirel
2 Gideon Jura
1 Karn Liberated
3 Venser, the Sojourner

Spells [19]
3 Day of Judgment
2 Dismember
4 Mana Leak
4 Oblivion Ring
3 Ponder
3 Tezzeret's Gambit

Lands [26]
4 Glacial Fortress
5 Island
10 Plains
4 Seachrome Coast
3 Inkmoth Nexus

After playing few games against different decks I realized that this either needs to be more control or more aggro. In the end I ended up with two different decks. One being still UW but with more creatures and the other one being Esper control with one additional card being Grave Titan. I drop this idea later trying to to figure out what I could do with Tezzeret and creatures with infect.

UW
Creatures [19]

4 Blade Splicer
1 Frost Titan
4 Hero of Bladehold
2 Phyrexian Metamorph
3 Solemn Simulacrum
2 Sun Titan
1 Wurmcoil Engine

Planeswalkers [5]
2 Gideon Jura
3 Venser, the Sojourner