ad

Monday, March 8, 2010

GPT BXL - Pilsen

I did not want to go home and decided to go elsewhere (even though I hardly slept in the past few days). On Friday Legolas called me if I wouldn't borrow him my UW deck so he could go to Pilsen to participate in GPT Brusel in Pilsen. I told him that I'm fine with it if he gets the rest of the cards (as I borrowed few to a different player already). He got the deck in the afternoon and asked to go to Pilsen with other players from Prague. As I realized that I would arrive Sunday morning I decided to go to Pilsen as well. I asked if I could join the team and was said that there is no room if Legolas is coming. He did not call anyone though so I called him to ask him if he goes there or not. He told me that he won't come. I took his place then. The problem was that he got my deck. He did not manage to give it to me in the morning so I left without my deck, not really caring about it. I also planned to check Fantasy Park in Pilsen to see if PIU NX is still there (I knew that the restaurant the tournament takes place is nearby, but wasn't sure where).

The meeting was at 8 at Pisnice. I have to say that it was an overkill to get there. I got up soon after 6 am (at 2:30am I went to sleep). I tried to open my eyes and realized that one of my eyes just won't work much for the rest of the day, but otherwise I felt "still alive" and ready for the crazy ride. At 6:46 I left Hloubetin and at 8 we all met at Pisnice o_O (I realized that I would be in Pilsen already if I would leave from Beroun, heh).

Anyway we found the place and the others registered. I checked what cards I have on me and realized that I have partly sided Grixis Control with me (I sided Essence Scatters and Terminates in because of some deck and sided out spreading seas and some other one of). Also Scalding Tarns ended up in my Zoo deck (as my last tournament was Extended) and Jace 2.0 were in my UW deck. Not to mention that my SB being almost the same as Jund one was with my Jund deck (at home).

I asked few players if they don't have some cards from those I was missing. I wasn't really successful with it but I registered (not presenting my deck to the judge as it wasn't ready yet). Joska registered me and commented with "You know that 'Each player has a deck...'". I smiled to that and went back to register my deck and later present it. Now the funny part comes in. How many lines did your longest deck list ever contain? I usually take up half page of A4 sheet to register my deck. In this case I ran out of space and the number of lines was THIRTY-THREE. It felt like registering a highlander deck.^_^.

(I might finish the report...later)
FP is closed for those interested in that information.

No comments:

Post a Comment