ad

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What made my day (yesterday)

I went downstairs to play a bit of Beatmania IIDX 15 and when the game was loading I looked sadly at the insides of my DDR Extreme machine. (ITG Boxor was there inside before it so all the DDR stuff was laying around on the platform). I knelt down and checked what's inside. Everything seemed ok, I put it back in the machine and booted. I got the CDR error as usual...so I was thinking about giving it up but then I realized that I have different copies of install/play discs. I tried the second one from sows. I switched the dip switch and booted from the CDROM and you know what??? I managed to get it into install mode!! There should have been a serial number but instead there were some weird characters. After the game installed I tried to boot again and well...it was restarting itself when it got to the cdrom check. No error, no note. I wanted to give up but then I grabbed the original disc and put it in the cd drive.

I booted from the CD and it got into installation mode once again. It was installing for ages till it showed a note telling me to turn off the machine exchange the security module and boot. I turned it off and on and it got me error 114. After this I turned it off again, switched the security thing and booted. And you know what? IT LOADED DDR EXTREME!!!! Nothing's unlocked but I will deal with that later. It WORKS!

1 comment: