ad

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Preview Alara Reborn

Alara Reborn feels quite well. It seems like that there are no mono color cards. There are few hybrid multicolor cards each with funny abilities. The expansion is strong on big creatures and there are many ways of playing the cards which is really nice. Cycling is used widely and there is a new ability - Cascade (When you play this spell, remove cards from the top of your library from the game until you remove a nonland card that costs less. You may play it without paying its mana cost. Put the removed cards on the bottom in a random order.).

I have to say that cascade was quite fun and few times people got exactly what they needed (that goddamn terminate I did not even get a hold on!!) This happened to me few times. Me almost winning the game and preparing for the final attack and bam! Terminate.

Anyway I got some really nice cards for an Esper deck and I will probably use them (along with Meddling Mage in my esper deck). But I did not get enough cards for esper deck today and I did not really feel like splashing green. (I would have to add red as well as I had nothing useful in green...and if it was of any use it was RG ... I really did not like the idea of 5 color deck) so I decided to build a dragon deck as I got three dragons - Predator and Broodmate Dragon and Dragon Broodmother.

First match was nice except that I lost because of well 3 removal spells in one turn and ending up facing Hellkite Overlord. And I don't speak about that hammer +2/+2 lifelink, trample. That's just an overkill.

Second match was not fun at all as I got mana screwed pretty badly. I changed the numbers of particular lands after this so it was much better later, still I should have added more mountains.

The tournament went on, me not really having luck and I was in a pretty bad shape as well. But after I got past the really bad headache I actually started winning and won the rest of the games. Maybe my rating won't go down for this tourney^^.
Quite fun was when I really managed to get the brooding dragon in play and was brooding 'little' dragons each turn. Even all those lives my opponent gained weren't enough against my 4/4, 4/4, 7/7, 5/5, 1/1 dragons^_^.

It was nice to play (even though it could have been better in terms of me feeling better and getting some more reasonable 1-5cc cards, heh). It was WAY better than the last preview I played - Planar Chaos.

1 comment:

  1. čím víc nad tím přemýšlím, tím víc mě ALR láká, těším se až s ní budu zase něoc stavět

    (dokonce si i nejspíš pořídím pár boosterů, což je věc které jsem se chtěl vyhnout :-D)

    ReplyDelete