ad

Sunday, April 19, 2009

FNM and Saturday draft

Since Mirrodin I completely changed my point of view on artifacts in Magic. At times artifacts were rare (with some exceptions) they really had their own story/feeling etc. I also loved the magic the gathering stories about artifacts and their creators. But with Mirrodin everything changed. Mirrodin block feels like intergalactic battle between armies of artifacts/artifact creatures that instead of being pitted against each other on the ground fight their battles in the space. I have no idea about the story of Mirrodin and I always ignored it. My hate towards any artifact cards (except a few) grew with each day. Each day I had to fight against some ravagers, d. colossus or a creature equipped with all the Kaldra equips. I had to put an end to it and that's the first time and I thought that it would be the last time as well that I actually played a deck with majority of cards being artifacts.

On Friday Shadowmoor was being drafted. At the beginning of the draft I started picking up removal stuff...but nothing special or really striking did not come in my direction so I had no idea what to draft. (as the cards I had were BU)I started drafting fearies but it was obvious that few more other people are drafting the same and I will be left with crap. I started to be picking up scarecrows later on. In the end I ended up with more artifacts than faeries. My deck was based on flying and wither but it wasn't enough to stand a chance in the tournament. All the unblockable creatures were drafted by other players.

I got Kitchen Finks and Hellspark E. DCI cards that day so it wasn't that bad afterall? (except my rating going down^_^)

On Saturday it was much more interesting. First booster I opened had Tezzeret in it. I picked the Planeswalker so no one else would get it and play artifacts. The second I got was Master of Etherium and thus it was decided. I would go for artifacts, flying creatures and exalted creatures. Some UBW artifact deck came out of it and it was actually playable unlike the day before. It was pretty confusing though to be paying a colored mana for the artifacts. I'm not used to that and it was quite difficult to concentrate on what lands to tap. (or even realize what color/type the cards are)

Anyway with all those cards I ended up with...I decided to build a regular T2 deck. Not sure if anything will come out of it but I made the decision. Maybe my hate will dissipate...?

No comments:

Post a Comment