ad

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dragon's Maze Prerelease

At midnight we decided to participate in Dragon's Maze Prerelease in Najada, Prague, Czech Republic. We arrived at 11:45 but we did not start playing till at least 1 am.

There were 64 players and the majority chose Orzhov as their guild. This guild also won the Dragon's Maze (not surprising). I also chose Orzhov but my pool consisted of good Izzet cards and Azorius ones. That is the reason why I decided to play these colors but without mana fixation it was quite difficult to play with it. My guildgates were Golgari, Golgari, Orzhov, Simic, Boros and Boros. My secret guild was Golgari.

Anyway no matter what in the first round I played against a player who played Loxodon Smiter turn 3. Later I was facing Ral Zalek and when I managed to play something it was killed by CLan Defiance. What could I do with that? Simply nothing. In the next round I mulled to 5 and to 4 and was unable to do anything. I played against another player who had Obzedat, Pontiff, Vizkopa and Selesnya Guildmages, Trostani's Summoner etc...how am I supposed to compete with that? With my removal that can hardly kill x/4 creature. Anyway what was usually killing me were cards from Return to Ravnica or Gatecrash. It was never a card from Dragon's Maze and most decks were full of the older cards and my all Dragon Maze deck was incapable of dealing with that.

So tomorrow we'll see what my pool will look like. So far I have 10 guild tokens, lot of crapy cards and Deathrite Shaman. For me this prerelease was a pretty bad experience and from what I heard I'm not the only one feeling that way. I'll give it one more chance but still I think I will be angry once again when someone plays Spark Trooper and Pit Fight against me...

No comments:

Post a Comment