ad

Monday, December 3, 2012

Cube

Erm...my life's been really weird lately and I feel really bad and wish my life would just end. Fightning this mood is not really easy and I needed to find something really silly to survive day and night (everyday and night). I started sorting my Magic: The Gathering cards and I'm not nearing the end any soon. With my mood being like it is I'm not probably going to play in any tournament or show up anywhere so I was wondering what to do with my decks and such (in between wondering how I'll earn money so I could pay the rent and buy some food). As for my deck I'll just let them lay where they are. But there is still one format I'd like to play but for that I either need to play online or join another group of players. I'd rather play with those I know and would invite myself.

I'm talking about Cube draft. Drafting last sets is getting worse and worse. Innistrad was awful, Avacyn's Restored was even more limited, I'm not going to talk about core set and Return to Ravnica is fine but I don't like it that much either. But drafting all those powerful cards that sounds like a challenge and a lot of fun (not that drafting with trash cards or RTR would not be fun). I decided to put the online cube together and invite my friends to play.

I did not expect to gather all the cards overnight but I decided to give a try and see how many of those cards I can find in my flat which does not even hold all the cards I own. I printed out the list and started looking for the cards. It took ages to find even half of them!

There's a real mess in my room right now (for several days now). Cards are everywhere but it seems to be worth it. In few days I might actually sort all the cards (by color) and finish the cube.

The next day my room mate helped me a ton with the cube. We sorted the cards by color, type and name and sleeved them in perfect size sleeves. It was quite a difficult task...because getting few hundred perfect sizes out of different cards and putting these in was a nightmare. (not going to buy new ones if I don't need to, I will have to buy more than 800 sleeves of one color anyway...). Meanwhile I was running all over my room looking for remaining cards.

A day later we have 153 cards left to find or get which is much less than I expected. One can clearly see that my favorite color is blue^^. (most of the cards I have are blue. Cards from red are in minority compared to the remaining colors)

That's everything. One more useless post to my blog. But this one took ages and this really annoying activity saved my sanity...well actually it will continue for few more days.

EDIT: By the way it's worth about 5000 USD if you try to get the cheapest price on everything (and here I really mean CHEAP).

1 comment: