ad

Sunday, May 6, 2012

AnimeFest day 2 - Machine Dance Tournaments

At 6:30 if I'm not mistaken we were supposed to get up. I got up and wondered what to do. In the meantime Miyu went through a lolita transformation. At 7:40 we headed for the Exhibition complex.

First thing in the morning, we switched on everything and then we tried to figure out what's wrong with the dance pads. We tried all the control boxes and pads but nothing worked. We even switched a computer and that was actually a good thing to do. It solved the glitch and it was onsync. As for the pads ss usual the problem was with the pads not being on a flat surface.

Ten was fast approaching and it was time to start the qualifier for National Championship in Machine Dance. There were 5 qualifier songs chosen and from those we could choose two and play them. The result would be added together. According to the standing in the qualifier players would be seeded into 4-players or 8-players bracket.

This year the Championship was divided into Women and Men division. As there were many Slovakian players and we expected Austrian ones there was also held an International division in which anyone could complete.

The qualifier songs were:
  • Kagami
  • Disconnected
  • Disconnected Mobieus
  • Psalm Pilot
  • Cloud 9 and half


Many of us decided to play either Psalm Pilot/Disconnected or Psalm Pilot/Kagami combination. I seeded first to both tournaments.

After the qualifier I went to check the other game room in which you could try istep, reactable and some PS3 games.

1 hour break was used to its fullest by us when we went to Galerie Vankovka to eat. I got red kari chicken and was really glad that we had time for this. I couldn't count hot dogs on the site as food. When we got back it was time for the first tournament - Men's division.

In the first round something unexpected happened. NX306 seeded 8th and thus was the first one to play with the winner of the qualifiers. Normally one would expect that the round would be won by the highest seeded person but in this round it wasn't that way - NX from the last place managed to win the round and eliminated his opponent from the tournament (sadly, as in the International Division he was seeded against me)!


Apart from this nothing really funny happened. The men's division was interesting though for one reason - me and Centime were not in the tournament so we did not eliminate the players early. Obluss sadly was eliminated by NX and did not get a chance to play against other players. This played in Puker's favor who in the end won the men's division (Congratz!). Last year, I expected that this player would win next year. And he did^_^.

Men's Division: 1. Puker, 2. Kubago, 3. Skif

After men's division it was our time to play. I went through the tournament with 'opponent chooses song first, then I pick some random song on the same difficult -> win'. I sticked to this and it worked. The finals of our tournament were much more fun. Centime picked her first song. Some random 10 level song - Night Time Story. That stepchart has green and purple notes in it! Stepchart wise it reminds me of Go 60 Go. We had fun while playing this. It was relatively tricky (well, technical). Then it was time for me to pick a song. Random decided. The winner was decided one song later.

Women's Division: 1. S'Tsung, 2. Centime, 3. Rin

When the finals ended we proceeded to the international category. It was me vs Obluss in the first round. In the next one I played against Crazy which was quite unexpected. I would expect him to seed much higher. But well we always got about 5 pad misses per song and that could create quite a big difference. I needed to be much more precise and hope the miss ratio for both players would be 1:1. One song chosen and I won. Random and I won once again. In the finals I played against Arain who fared much better than Crazy even though I still consider Crazy a better player. Arain is for sure more precise and more at easy.

IDGC: 1. S'Tsung, 2. Arain, 3. Crazy

After the tournaments we went to collect our prizes. It was freezing cold there^_^. Here's a photo of those who placed 1-3 in at least one of the tournaments (at least majority of them, kubago was missing).

I spent the last hours playing Mortal Kombat (about it in another post) and iStep. But before that it was some time for Pump it Up and after that a shower. While playing Pump it Up I realized that I'm quite slow and that the Hot Dog mono diet does not help it much. So I bought some multivitamin juice and water (HELL a lot of money). This helped quite a bit and then I was suddenly able to FC Xuxa^_~ on CZ


iStep
I did not get a chance to play the game earlier. At first I had to figure out which pad is which because it wasn't written on them. That's also what I lacked in the game (the fact that you don't see on what pad you step on unlike in idance), but well easy setup of the pads is enough to solve this problem. When I figured out that the pads are in this order - 4,3,1,2 - I could start to sync with the system. I actually found out that it was relatively ok - at least visually. But it felt different from other dance games (idance included).

So back iStep. If you know iDance than I can tell you that this is a lite version of iDance. Simply enough those institution that cannot afford to pay for iDance system can buy this version. It is also a multiplayer dance game, but also features normal 2 player mode. It features 50 songs of which half is from idance and the other half was done for istep. Each song has 5 difficulties. Here a short preview of the game. The release date is set for June 1st 2012.



Czech players had the chance to try this game out at Starconu, Anime Jikan and now at AnimeFest. The most favorite songs of this conventions were - Spaceman, Nitro and Bumble Bee. Hopefully 1,2,3,4 007 wasn't played that often as used to be in the past.

I went back to Prague with Decin players. During the trip I spent some time watching the unnatural Full Moon. It felt really wierd and the sky was purple. The Water Dragon is coming.

Thanks everyone it was nice to be with you. There more I'd like to type, but I'm unable to do so after not sleeping the last few nights. Today I'm really out of order^^. But the release tournament (36 players) is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment