ad

Friday, May 4, 2012

AnimeFEST day 1 aka random day report

Friday

At first I thought I would stay for the first FNM with Avacyn Restored, but it would be difficult getting to Brno after the tournament. I asked people on Facebook if anyone is not heading to AnimeFest. Nela a fellow Magic player offered me a ride. So at 5pm I was awaiting her at the center of a really big crossroad at Budejovicka. Nela was accompanied with a friend also Slovak.

We headed towards Brno. We got stuck in Prague for a long time, but then the road was fine.

We stopped at one petrol station (the one that used to be Aral and where you can actually get some real food for quite good prices). We bought some water and continued on. I have to say that the prices were really high. We stopped at another one, had a coffee and opened some boosters. Nothing good was in them but at least Nela's friend had the chance to open her first booster pack^_^. Seems like the images are still quite scary even though the Avacyn Restored images are much brighter and colorful than from the earlier sets.

When the sun was setting we could see the almost full moon rising. It was orange and the clouds beneath were orange/yellowish as well. It looked beautiful. It was really nice to watch the Moon rising and the Sun setting.

Near Brno we got stuck once again but finally we I managed to come to Vystaviste (few hours late). The third attempt of getting to the right place was actually successful.

When nearing the main hall we saw three groups of Naruto fans. I have to say that they did not look well nor 'representable'^^ Nela and her friend had to wonder to what kind of event they actually took me to. I felt awkward. But no one said anything^_^.

At the registration, there was a slight problem with the registration system obviously. I also I forgot my ticket at the game store so I was afraid that this would be problem as well. But to my surprise my name was found on the appropriate list and I was soon given a Special Guest entry.

Entering the first hall I noticed few Magic players and was also told that this is the place to look for them. Then I met Rex (and talked with him for a bit) on my way to the first game room where you can try out Reactable and/or iStep. I haven't tried either but I have to say that both look really nice. I have to check it out tomorrow. After we went to Rotunda to see how things would be organized. I played few PIU songs on PIU Pro machine and managed to clear them except for For You NM which I failed near the end - too many arrows in a very short time^_^. I was doing fairly well considering the fact that I'm 30kg overweight. It was a surprise that I can move so fast.

I also tried playing ITG, the sync was bad and there was a wierd glitch. We will solve it tomorrow hopefully. Anyway my legs were at least capable of stepping on the right panels^_^.

At 10pm me, Centime, Srandista and their friend we went to Centime/Srandista's flat. I was offered a dinner in form of rice and peas which was delicious. A long night awaited me. In the morning qualifier for the National Championship in Machine Dance is going to take place. I'll certainly participate but what I'll be doing then at the convention I'm not really sure about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment