ad

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Crane decks

Two days ago I was alone in our shop and I was wondering what to do. I always wanted to try some Crane decks so I started searching for Crane personalities as I new this would be quite a difficult task.

At first I wanted to create a deck that would run for honor victory. I decided to try artisan honor deck but it ended up having also duelists in it (hideo, hideo xp, yosuga, kado..uniques). I ran also Exotic Goods for some control and honor gain. In fate I tried running Favor of the Artisans among many other cards. All this was nice but I realized that the cards I have sometimes let me gain honor and sometimes let opponent lose honor. Also my artisan set up wasn't really meant for battles. Duelists and Discourses and bowing tech did not seem enough. The deck seemed to work well but as I run LSC with duelists I decided to try something else. The first deck was run from Embassy of the Crane and I used the dockside market/smuggler's port gold scheme and it seemed to work well.

My second attempt was more about courtiers. Bukita, Senta, Gisei are a nice squad. I wasn't really sure what the deck was about but it was both gaining a lot of honor and letting my opponent lose honor. I put there few magistrates as well but this did not really work well(not at all). I ran it also from Embassy of the Crane. After this I tried to think a bit about what I want to play and ended up with Dishonor that can get to the cards it needs. That's why I decided to forget about Embassy of the Crane and play Seven Fold Palace.

So Seven Fold Palace and personalities that rather DO something.
I might still work on this deck and see if I can get it to work and play it well.

Crane Dishonor?
Seven Fold Palace
1x border keep
1x bamboo harvesters

Dynasty
1x ignoble demise
1x doji's guidance

2x public records
1x traveling peddler
2x counting house
3x marketplace
2x corrupt governor
3x barley farm
2x deeds and words

1x doji ayano xp
1x yogo kazunori
3x doji senta
3x doji nenkai
3x doji shikishi
3x doji shikatsu
3x kakita idzuki
1x asahina ekei
1x asahina beniha xp
3x agasha kokiden
1x doji odaka
1x otome seimi

Fate
3x Taxing the scum
3x Words have strength
3x Veiled Menace
3x Pull the string
3x Shadow Court
3x Infamous Strike
3x Restoring Order
1x relentless conviction
3x arranged guilt
3x shameful and cowardly
3x writ of reprimand
3x distractions at court
1x scouting far afield (trying what it can do...I doubt that it would work..)
2x game of sincerity
3x deceit and subterfuge



cards that I'm not really fan of are infamous strike, scouting far afield, oppression. So I might be looking for something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment