ad

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Faeries

It's been a while that I wanted to build some all common faeries. I don't have to test them though and can't think of anyone having all common legacy deck. I would like to try something like this...

MU Faeries
4x Spellstutter Sprite
4x Pestermite
4x Latchkey Faerie/Ninja of the Deep Hours
4x Cloud of Faeries
4x Rune Snag
4x Counterspell
4x Brainstorm/Ponder
+ some bounce spell (snap and call to heel?, +2x echoing truth)
Well, Cloud of Faeries is a must for me, same goes to Spellstutter Sprite. I love Pestermite (even though 3 might be enough). This faerie helps a lot and can solve many situations. I'm not sure of Latchkey Faerie though as a four-of.

I would like to play Counterspell and Rune Snag (mana leak seems "weaker to me" and daze does not seem necessary MD but I might discover that it is needed - who knows what's being played at legacy all common...). Actually Force Spike could do the job?

Brainstorm is a question. There are no cards that allow me to shuffle my library so Ponder comes to mind.

Instead I also considered playing Ninja of the Deep Hours. Because with bounce spells and counters it could really be a tempo deck and that would allow me to more draw cards and even counter more. And 2/2 unblocked sounds good already (better than 1/1 faeries). If I would play this card I could probably play that Shinobi ninja that bounces opponent's creature...

Mulldrifter comes to mind as well when talking about bigger creatures and something that gives me cards. Not sure about it. I could play a combination of the two and drop latchkeys altogether. What's better? When in need of bigger creatures there's always the faerie that gets +1/+1 if I control another permanent. I don't like the idea of playing something like that it could be a possibility as well.

Bounce spells. There are many I could use. Those most relevant to me are Snap that untap lands, Call To Heel that can draw me a card when needed and bounced Spellstutter Sprite does not sound bad and Echoing Truth (that is the card against Empty the Warrens). But I don't know what I need though... I have to try it first.

Hm does including Spire Golem seem silly?
---------------
Um that was just me thinking aloud...I don't really have experience with this format so it's difficult to build a deck just like this without testing it and knowing what's being played. But I will probably just sleeve something and play with it when the time comes^^.

No comments:

Post a Comment