ad

Sunday, January 10, 2010

RG beats - All common

For testing purposes of my new Grixis control deck I build a RG beats deck (as I'm tired of testing my all common decks against regular soldiers). I found out that my Grixis deck can't do much against first strike creatures (those soldiers are really annoying with that). So I took Ember Weaver and multicolor permanents as a base (nacatl outlander, jund hackblade and borderpost). 3/3, first strike, reach kills all my beloved Grixis creatures (Tidehollow Strix, Parasitic Strix, Kederect Creeper). Anyway the choices are quite clear - decklist follows.

Gruul beats (All Common)
Lands: 21
4x Firewild borderpost
9x Forest
8x Mountain

Creatures: 23
4x Wild Nacatl (one drop 2/2, nice)
4x Nacatl Outlander (multicolored and prot. from blue)
4x Rip Clan Crasher (multicolor + haste, yay)
4x Jund Hackblade (haste, 3/2 nice)
4x Ember Weaver (can't be better - 3/3 first strike, reach)
3x Goblin Bushwacker (I will test this...)

Non-creature Spells: 16
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Burst Lightning
4x Colossal Might (6dmg in turn 2?)
4x Vines of Vastwood (protection against opponents removal)

Sideboard
Haven't thought of that yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment